FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Issue with window scaling

Moderator: MiRai

<<

redDevilSkull

Post Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:49 pm

Re: Issue with window scaling

I also using the trial and have if the same problem but I'm using an MSI GS70 which have an Intel video card and Nvidia plus running Win10.

I will downgrade the drivers to the suggested here and see what happen posting the results later. But any other suggestions for my case other than those expressed in this post?
<<

Stonewyke

Post Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:30 am

I am new to ISBoxer as well, and am having the same difficulty.
I am using the layout "Single monitor, swapping, make room for task bar" but have tried many other configurations, to
no avail. The active, upper screen works fine, and easily swaps to the lower one, but the inactive screen stays frozen
in a small "screenshot" of what was on it at last swap. And it is just a small, weirdly cropped section of the window as well.

I too, am using Windowed Fullscreen mode. I have Shadow Play turned off, but really do not want to completely uninstall a program
I use to keep my drivers in good, updated, working order. Also, someone else stated they tried uninstalling nVidia GeForce Experience first,
and by itself, did no good at all. My setup is as follows:
Windows 10 Home, Version 1511
Alienware 15 laptop
965M Video card
5th Generation i5 Intel 4210H @ 2.90 GHz
16 GB RAM
Also, not sure if it makes any difference, but I am playing on a 55 inch, Samsung Smart TV, so playing around too much with display settings will
get me into a mess between the laptop and TV that I likely cannot get out of again by myself lol. I know, as I have done it in the past. Messy...

Being as how it is Win 10, not 8, the scaling setting for display suggested at the beginning of this post makes
no sense to me; the only thing I could find that looked remotely like what was said, is greyed out and says 150%.
However, that said, when I first installed ISBoxer and loaded up D3, both windows were perfect. Then I changed... something (I wish I could remember what, exactly)... I think it may have been the Window Layout, not sure, but *poof* it changed to the messed up secondary window and won't go back.
I can't play with layered windows; I need to be able to see all.

Lastly, I have not yet rolled back my video drivers, because I wanted opinions on this first. Also, I don't know what drivers to roll back TO, for my particular card. Also it is a laptop. And last but not least, I hate to roll back drivers upgraded for a reason that I may need, although I haven't seen in the notes that any upgrades were for any games I play atm, although I desperately want the new Lara Croft Tomb Raider lol. I'll roll back if I HAVE to, but I wanted to know if I DO have to, and to what specific driver? Also, as it WAS working perfectly at first, then changed suddenly, I am not sure a driver is responsible...

I am only running two accounts at once, and I am having ZERO issues with anything else other than a simple question about gameplay:

I notice when I have broadcasting on, and I am running around looting with the other character "following", anything that can be clicked by BOTH
characters and exists in the exact same location in the game world causes no issues, but anything (like loot) that is unique to each character and staggered in location, causes the following character to interpret it as a click to move. Normally, I hold down the mouse button to move or use my scroll wheel which is bound to force move, and everything is fine. But while looting, I have to actually click on the game world, which loots for one, moves the other and after picking up a few items, they are WAY off. It isn't a deal breaker, but having to turn off broadcasting every time I want to pick up something IS a royal pain in the patooey.

So my question is, since I am an idiot and never used this before, does anyone have a handy little trick to bypass this issue besides turning broadcasting on and off, on and off, on and off every few seconds? Thanks in advance, guys. So far, I really like this program and plan to purchase a sub for it, as I play WoW as well. 17 level 100's, countless toons 70+ and been dual boxing for years and just NOW getting around to discovering multiboxing software, rofl. That's me; little miss "Do it the hard way." I also play GW 2 however, and their general attitude/stance on multiboxing pisses me off to the point I likely will not go back.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:47 am

Windows 10 has display scaling too. http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5990 ... ml#option1

As MiRai said, it should be 100%, preferably for all monitors that will be used for the game.

There are two suggestions for downgrading the drivers. v359.06 and v358.5. The former works for most people. v360+ introduced some architectural changes that seem to be a bit funny on Windows 10. They are getting better, but not perfect yet. Seeing as you are on a laptop with Optimus, it may be necessary to go back further.

As for your gameplay issue (which really should be a separate post because it is not related to this thread), there are some Hold To Control mapped keys in the Non-Combat key map. You can set a hotkey for these, so you can hold this hotkey down, and control each character individually without turning on/off broadcasting or even having to switch to their screen.
Previous

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected