FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What do I need to upgrade?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

gjantz

Post Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:48 pm

What do I need to upgrade?

I am running 3 windows of d3 and only able to get about 10 fps in each window its causing issues obviously... I have all the windows in the lowest possible video settings. I have my cpu strategy set to use all cpus in all windows. I'm about to try the round robin option as the video suggested I wanted to post first though. As far as computer specs
processor : amd fxtm 4300 quad core 3.8 ghz
ram : 8gig ddr3
video card: radeon r7 200 series
single monitor setup
2-3

I don't really know much about computers any advice is great!
Thank you to the guy who answered my last post you were right and the issue is resolved!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:27 pm

Re: What do I need to upgrade?

I suspect it is more than likely your graphics card, but then you don't specify the actual model, but rather a series which, looking at the stats for it, is pretty weak. Although your CPU is not too hot in the scheme of things either.
You can confirm which is the primary reason for low frame rates by using an appropriate tool, such as Open Hardware Monitor (OHM) or Process Explorer, or some other tool (OHM doesn't always show AMD cards stats for some reason). There is even a page on this in the WIKI: Identifying framerate bottlenecks.

Multiboxing is hard on a computers resources, so you generally require a decent gaming setup.
<<

gjantz

Post Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:16 pm

yeah, I suspected that as well. I know I did not identify fully but that is what it says under my device manager so I'm not sure exactly... sorry about that. thank you for a responding. Also I am aware my cpu sucks as well this computer is several years old now I should probably have a 6 core minimum. Damn maybe I should just make this my tv and buy a new rig all together...
ok i got ohm but dont know what im looking at.
doesn't look good though lol
bus speed max at 200
all 4 cores running at 3.9mhz which is max
under load it says
total 10
1 15%
2 12%
3 15%
4 20%
temp 28 c
generic memory
load 48%
data
used 3.9g/3.9g
available 4.1/5.8
radeon r7
voltages 1.15/1.15
clocks
core 800/800
memory 800/800
temp 64c/64c this doesnt seem good
load 99%/100%
fans
gpu fan75k rpm /75k rpm
gpu fan 53%/53%
toshiba
temp 37c/37c
load
used space 35%/35%
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:50 am

gjantz wrote:temp 64c/64c this doesnt seem good

There's nothing wrong with the temperate, but what isn't good is the line right below it:
gjantz wrote:load 99%/100%
You're maxing out your GPU.

However, even if you upgrade the GPU there is zero guarantee that your CPU is going to be able to handle the increased framerate seeing as it's a bit older and only a quad-core. You're more than welcome to try, and you may need to cap your framerate to something like 30 FPS or even drop the overall rendering resolution, but I don't know if that's something you want to deal with. :)
<<

gjantz

Post Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:53 pm

i was aiming for 30 fps lol im getting 10 now with 3 windows. 2 is tolerable at 25. ugh... i'm not sure what to do
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:06 am

You could get a new graphics card, like a 970/980/Ti or if you like AMD, the R9380x or even the Fury.

The only thing is once you remove the load from the graphics, it "might" show up the CPU as the next weak point. You could use a more modern quad core, a hex core is not necessary (yet), although it might be nice. The performance write-up indicate your current CPU as being somewhere between 50% as effective as an Intel 3570 and about 33% as of the 6790. The comparative ratings I was looking through where 4000/8000/12000. The problem with any CPU upgrade is that you will probably need to change RAM and Motherboard too (I'm pretty sure even AMD has changed sockets) making it a more expensive proposition.

Of course none of this looks at the power supply, which might not have enough output or connectors for an upgrade on any of the parts.

Anyway, at least a new graphics card would transfer to a new computer if you wanted to do it piecemeal. A change in CPU is going to be the expensive one.

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected