FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Stuttering While Holding Mouse Down

Moderator: MiRai

<<

skyrider55

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:33 pm

Stuttering While Holding Mouse Down

I'm multiboxing diablo 3 (I posted awhile ago with a dual whirlwind barbarian setup) and recently (perhaps since upgrading to windows 10) while holding the right mouse button down the broadcast doesn't seem to be received properly. Rather than being held 100% of the time, it stutters occasionally and the second barbarian won't receive the right click event for a few frames and then resume.

Right click for me is whirlwind (Skill + Movement) and it can cause the characters to desync frequently, or in the worst case scenario they can die.

Is anyone else having this issue with mouse inputs?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:30 am

Re: Stuttering While Holding Mouse Down

Are you sure your mouse isn't having a physical issue with the button? The background instance might be affected more by it than the foreground instance, perhaps you're just not noticing. A lot of mice with worn or low quality switches will have this kind of issue.

Otherwise I'll go ahead and say no this isn't a normal issue to have. It's probably unrelated to Windows 10 (believe me everyone who upgraded to Win10 thinks that is their issue, but mind you this was also the case for the releases of Windows 8.1, 8, 7, and Vista!). In order for ISBoxer to release the click, it has to receive a release message from your mouse. Otherwise the broadcasted click will be held.

The ONLY other thing that comes to mind, is if "Make game believe it is foreground window (the game may otherwise ignore buttons)" in your Character Set is NOT ticked, this will definitely cause input issues with Diablo 3. This box is ticked by default when you use the Quick Setup Wizard to create a D3 team (and most other games actually).

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected