FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Starting Battle.Net...

Moderator: MiRai

<<

AlphaRage

Post Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 am

Starting Battle.Net...

So I'm using autologin through Battle.Net as explained in the wiki. It worked like a charm. Until this morning however.
Currently whenever I want to start my character sets the first Launcher opens up and I can the start the game. But when the second Launcher is supposed to start there will only be a small frame saying 'Starting Battle.Net...'. This frame isn't frozen but it is stuck in that state forever. The task manager says it is responding as well so it is doing something in the background which isn't working.
I've tried repeating the wiki guide (deleting everything else beforehand of course) and I reinstalled the Battle.Net Launcher. Both didn't do anything.
If I actually kill the Battle.Net Update Agent and File Switcher in the Task Manager multiple times it will finally give up and start the Launcher. I would have to do the same for 3/4 of my game windows and I refuse to do so because it takes ages.
So what can I do?
<<

Valerian

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:36 am

Re: Starting Battle.Net...

I'm not sure if there's a more specific and obvious answer to someone else, but a good place to start would be a diagnostic report.

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics
<<

Alucard

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:34 pm

I seem to be having the same problem.
The first game launcher runs fine,
Second starts to open but as you said stays at "Starting Battle.net..."
If I close the first game the second will finally open up, but then when the third starts to load it will be stuck at the "Starting Battle.net..."

I have been a user for around 2 years and haven't had any issue until this week and no settings have been changed prior to this problem.
Also if I open my games without the battlenet launcher and manually enter all my user names and passwords they all open and play just fine.

But here is my paste bin diagnostic report if anyone can offer any help that would be great. Other wise it looks like I'll be typing all my login info manually from now.

http://pastebin.com/AcExv62N
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:11 pm

Alucard wrote:I seem to be having the same problem.

Maybe...

But for starters I'd uninstall the Mcaffee stuff as a test.
<<

Hummel

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:26 pm

I also have same issue.
To launch is2 after is1 launched,
exit InnerSpace once and restart it then "Export All to Inner Space" at ISBoxer.
(this re-export is important. same thing happens without export. Starting Battle net... forever)
and choose and click "ISBoxer Character Set Slots" -> your team name -> Slot2 at InnerSpace
so you can launch is2. do same thing for is3 and 4 repeatedly.
i think battle net probably changed checking system to log on.
<<

Alucard

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:41 pm

bob wrote:Maybe...

But for starters I'd uninstall the Mcaffee stuff as a test.

Thanks for the reply, I tried disabling my mcafee products but that didn't help. I will try a complete uninstall of it tomorrow and will report any progress.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:46 pm

It's worth a shot, but now that there are 3 people reporting a very similar response, then it may not be just you... :). A lot of the time similar issues aren't, so it is worth trying the uninstall anyway, but this may be a general issue with using battle.net.
<<

Alucard

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:50 pm

Hummel wrote:I also have same issue.
To launch is2 after is1 launched,
exit InnerSpace once and restart it then "Export All to Inner Space" at ISBoxer.
(this re-export is important. same thing happens without export. Starting Battle net... forever)
and choose and click "ISBoxer Character Set Slots" -> your team name -> Slot2 at InnerSpace
so you can launch is2. do same thing for is3 and 4 repeatedly.
i think battle net probably changed checking system to log on.

Yes that did work but it is a slower process then bypassing the battlnet launcher and loading just the game then typing in all my user names//passwords//authenticators.
<<

Alucard

Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:41 am

The uninstalling of McAfee didn't help. Oh well not a big deal. Doesn't take but a minute to log all accounts in
<<

exCommander

Post Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:29 am

Email was sent, we see how long it takes to fix this

Here a temp solution

stuck at "starting Battle.net..." ?

Solution to that is to kill "Battle.net update agent" process (ctrl+alt+del) after user press start and battle.net shut down (kill it before app shut down will make process to reappear)

Kind regards

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected