FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Sound voulme issue.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

AlphaRage

Post Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:47 pm

Sound voulme issue.

Hello.

This is a problem that I had for some time but it got worse somehow.
If I multibox 4x Diablo 3 two of the four windows get 100% of the volume I set in Windows and the other two achieve maybe 50% or even less. It feels like this difference is getting bigger and bigger.
Right now my main window got this and it is really annoying because they should all produce the same volume level. In the Mixer on Windows I can see that they are set the same level as the other Diablo 3 windows but when there is sound the eq does only fill for a maximum of 40% percent on the quite ones. I guess this has to do with the Windows Mixer but I figured someone could maybe help me here. Using Windows 8.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:37 am

Re: Sound voulme issue.

Inner Space doesn't directly affect sound. The volume settings in the game and in the Windows volume mixer should cover it. It sounds like you set it fine in Windows but maybe didn't check the game? ISBoxer can keep settings different in each window
<<

AlphaRage

Post Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:03 pm

I did check it in the game. I can mute all of them using the Diablo 3 settings. Whenever I unmute one of the windows that was quiet before it is still quite (even if the other ones are still muted). Same goes for the louder windows.
I tested something else. When I close my windows one by one, but closing the louder ones first, the quiet windows will get louder again. So some setting preferres two of the Diablo 3 windows over the other two. I do not know why though because I double checked that I disabled all of those settings in the Windows sound settings.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:32 pm

Re: Sound volume issue.

If you have some windows with different volumes, and you are using voice communication software (Vent/Skype etc) then check the Communications setting under Sound in the Control Panel, and set it to "Do nothing". You might want to set this anyway, because the oracle of google indicates that sometimes Windows can get confused and any kind sound pickup by the microphone might trigger this behaviour.

Sometimes proprietary sound software can also have a "Volume Leveler" or "normalizer" setting (most common if you have some Dolby settings). Sometimes you can find this in the proprietary software and sometimes this may be in the enhancements (select the sound device, select Properties, have a scan through the tabs).
<<

AlphaRage

Post Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:55 pm

To check 'Do nothing' is usually the first thing I make sure when I install a new Windows OS so I already did that.

But I just found out that my speakers got a Dolby Home Theater App installed. I see a volume leveler option there which is set to 40%. I disabled it and I will test if it works in a few hours. Will report then.
<<

AlphaRage

Post Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:46 am

I've got another issue that hinders me from reporting. I opened a new thread. viewtopic.php?f=40&t=7223

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected