FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

sync issue I think?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

rlebar

Post Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:44 pm

sync issue I think?

my characters go way out of sync in game.

d3 tri/dual box by the way

The main character is smooth and walks normally but the other 2 game instances are very choppy almost lag-like. As soon as I switch to one of the other screens that screen becomes smooth and the screen which was my main becomes very choppy.

I've noticed my FPS is really low on the 2 secondary game instances where as the main runs at a more normal fps. While in town my main instance will run about 30fps give or take. If I switch to one of the other game instances it will be down at like 5 fps which makes me think my issue lies in this fps difference?

I have the foreground and background fps set to the same thing (100) in isboxer
I have the isboxer option selected for each game instance to think it is the main
and my in game fps on all 3 windows is set to the same as my isboxer options.

Other things to note.

I'm on windows 10 and upgraded recently but this problem started before upgrading.
this started doing this randomly after working fine for several weeks. over the course of the weekend it just started getting worse and worse, and now it's at the point where it's unplayable the way it is. The chars desync as soon as you try to move them.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:06 pm

Re: sync issue I think?

You posted this thread in the Video FX sub-forum, but you don't mention Video FX at all, so I moved it to the D3 sub-forum.

Anyway...

This page will tell you how to monitor your hardware, as well as several other potential fixes:
http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_your_framerate

You can also share your profile, and provide a diagnostic if you'd like.
<<

rlebar

Post Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:09 am

I've essentially tried all of those things. Nothing has changed the sync issue I'm having.

All my video and display options are set for max performance. Everything is up to date. the video settings on all 3 game instances are set for max performance and set to the exact same options.

At a loss here.

Tempted to downgrade back to windows 8 and see if that changes anthing
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:37 am

I really don't want to sound like a dick, but you've completely ignored the three things I asked for.

I first pointed you to this page, which has a specific section on how to identify framerate bottlenecks. In this section, it explains how not only to monitor your hardware, but also share the report with other people so that they can take a look at it as well.

Most importantly, I also asked for your profile and a diagnostic, both of which you did not provide. So, where could we possibly go from here? If you want to downgrade, then downgrade, but if you expect any sort of assistance moving forward, then you need to help us by providing the things we ask for so that we're not just sitting here playing a guessing game.
<<

rlebar

Post Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:18 am

fair enough. you're not sounding like a dick. just calling it like you see it. I get that. I didn't provide much info. I was just annoyed by the issue in the first place and had spent a lot of time troubleshooting it and got nowhere so I gave up

On a side note, I downgraded back to windows 8.1 and it fixed the issue for me. Perhaps if I gave a little more info we'd have figured out why windows 10 caused the issue in the first place? I don't know.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:58 pm

There are quite a few reports out there in the "wild" regarding Windows 10 performance being less than stellar in certain cases with upgrades. In those cases it is usually caused by a driver that needs updating but there is no update. Sometimes those people have had better luck with a clean install of WinX, which does sometimes require a few hoops and leaps of faith to get working if you are taking the free upgrade route.

This mag has a guide on how to do a clean install of Win10. Web User Aug 15

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected