FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

D3 Crash at launch 'unexpected error'

Moderator: MiRai

<<

wakestarr

Post Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:18 am

D3 Crash at launch 'unexpected error'

Hello!

I've spent quite a few hours trying to get this to work (just two D3 clients) but it crashes as its launching the game, (Unexpected error).
One in maybe 20 tries it actually launches the first client, seems random, but ofc RNG kills the second one.

Here are the pastes:
http://privatepaste.com/c96be09f57
http://privatepaste.com/333221d197

Reinstalled innerspace/isboxer several times, remade the teams countless times (followed the guide), killed / uninstalled most background processes/services..

I've run out of ideas of things to try.

Cheers
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:15 am

Re: D3 Crash at launch 'unexpected error'

Sadly for you there is nothing obvious sticking out there.

The crash looks to be something in the RemoteAccess API.
You appear to have recent Windows Updates (more recent than mine anyway).
Your graphics driver is up to date.
There doesn't appear to be any compatibility settings in play.
Most things (although not all) are shut down. You could try those final pieces, like the INK, TC, WinxKill, but I'm not sure it would make a difference.

You might be looking at the joy of an OS reinstall.

I noticed your game is running from I:\. Make sure there is enough space for your D3 cache (at least 10GB per instance ought to do it), and that I: is not a removable disk, nor network mapped drive.

And of course it could be something ridiculous like the enUS locale of the game detection (because the rest of the world doesn't use computers). Make sure your regional settings in Windows are matching what the game is loading. You might try setting up Language and Keyboard to enUS and making it the default to test this.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:19 am

This is the Windows 7 rasapi32.dll issue again.

Inner Space build 6095, now the development build of Inner Space, has a potential fix for this issue. To try it out, right click Inner Space and select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up. Please let me know if this helps or not!
<<

wakestarr

Post Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:48 pm

Hello again.

I tried setting everything to enUS with no luck.
Also killed all remaining running apps, no luck.
Moved D3 to C: (just a desperate try), no luck.

I tried the beta/dev patching thing earlier also, with no luck.

So I got mad and re-installed Win7. Now it works like a charm! :)

Looks like Im gonna have to sub this thing now that it actually works :)

Cheers and thanks for the answers!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:01 am

Glad you got it working, but now I am sad. I specifically developed a test patch just for you, and uploaded it at the time of my post. If you had tried it earlier than that, you tried build 6094 (which did not have the test fix) rather than 6095. So I do not know if my attempted fix works or not. :( This is a fairly rare issue so I may not find out.

It's cool though, thank you for reporting back on what ended up working for you!
<<

witwulf

Post Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:36 am

lax wrote:

Glad you got it working, but now I am sad. I specifically developed a test patch just for you, and uploaded it at the time of my post. If you had tried it earlier than that, you tried build 6094 (which did not have the test fix) rather than 6095. So I do not know if my attempted fix works or not. :( This is a fairly rare issue so I may not find out.

It's cool though, thank you for reporting back on what ended up working for you!

Hello lax and sorry for hijacking the OP's post but I've been having the exact same issue and I have some feedback for you regarding Build 6095.
I tried the fix you suggest here and the only difference is that now the "Unexpected Error" window doesn't show up.
The game eventually launches, the hardest one is the 1st window (running 4). Yesterday took me over 100 tries to get it to open.
I trust you'll come up with a solution, I really don't want to re-install my Windows.

Should I open a new thread?

Thank you.
<<

wakestarr

Post Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:30 am

lax: Oh, it was not 6095 i tried in that case but 6094.
I was in the middle of re-installing when you posted I guess.. :/

One thing I can mention though, is that since the rasapi32.dll showed up in the crash log i suspected it might be corrupt, so I actually copied ras* from another windows7 install image to system32 as a last attempt before I did a clean install. That did not help, same unexpected error.

I just subscribed a year. Excellent little piece of software, chopping down everything with dual ww barbs is too fun!

Cheers!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:06 am

The development build 6095 had a confirmed issue on Windows 7, (as reported in another thread for Star Trek Online) and has been replaced this morning with build 6096. Please give it a shot.

Hello lax and sorry for hijacking the OP's post but I've been having the exact same issue and I have some feedback for you regarding Build 6095.
I tried the fix you suggest here and the only difference is that now the "Unexpected Error" window doesn't show up.
The game eventually launches, the hardest one is the 1st window (running 4). Yesterday took me over 100 tries to get it to open.
I trust you'll come up with a solution, I really don't want to re-install my Windows.

If 6096 does not help you, then about the new thread, for the moment if you can provide a paste of your D3Debug.txt -- found in the Diablo 3 folder -- from right after it fails to launch, and that would help us confirm it's the same issue and maybe a clue on where to go from there.
<<

witwulf

Post Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:19 am

lax wrote:The development build 6095 had a confirmed issue on Windows 7, (as reported in another thread for Star Trek Online) and has been replaced this morning with build 6096. Please give it a shot.

If 6096 does not help you, then about the new thread, for the moment if you can provide a paste of your D3Debug.txt -- found in the Diablo 3 folder -- from right after it fails to launch, and that would help us confirm it's the same issue and maybe a clue on where to go from there.

Good morning Lax,

Just updated D3 as well as IS to Build 6098 and the issue isn't solved yet.
Same error window of unexpected error.
I attach the debug file here as requested.

Thank you for your assistance.

EDIT*: Nothing to do with it but due to this bug and by having launched the team hundreds of times on the last few days, I thought about a nice to have feature, the possibility of creating a desktop shortcut to launch your team :).
Attachments
D3Debug.txt
(22.08 KiB) Downloaded 586 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:18 am

witwulf wrote:EDIT*: Nothing to do with it but due to this bug and by having launched the team hundreds of times on the last few days, I thought about a nice to have feature, the possibility of creating a desktop shortcut to launch your team :).
Right click on your Character Set in ISBoxer, select "Create desktop Launch shortcut".
Next

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected