FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

VMware Fusion performance issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Otaktay

Post Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:50 am

VMware Fusion performance issues

Hello guys,

Lately I've started multiboxing D3 in anticipation of 2.3 changes. I'm looking forward to push with a quad-barb group without having to spend 10 minutes on Rift Guardians!

Regarding my issue: I've got everything running on my PC, but problems arise when I try to multibox with my iMac. I use VMware Fusion to launch a windows partition there. However, when I launch my character sets and try to play in-game, the performance is terrible. I understand that a virtual machine will always be slower than the computer you are hosting it on, but I feel that the performance drop is far more than justifiable for that matter. Does anyone have experience with multiboxing on a Mac using VMware Fusion? If so, do you have some tips to prevent performance loss? If not, can you think of something else that might cause this issue?

Regards, Otaktay
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:45 am

Re: VMware Fusion performance issues

I think the best route is to use Boot Camp to dual boot into Windows.

But, the standard answer still applies: http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_your_framerate
You can use the tool listed here to check what your bottleneck is for VM multiboxing. If your CPU, GPU or RAM are maxed out according to the tool, that is what you want to reduce usage of.
<<

Otaktay

Post Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:56 pm

Thanks for your quick reply, Iax! I will give bootcamp a try tonight. I didn't know that BC would have better performance than VMware. If it doesn't work, ill try the tool you suggested. Cheers!
<<

Otaktay

Post Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:02 am

Works like a charm, thanks! Can't wait to get home from work and farm that last bul-kathos weapon to sync up the last barb.

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected