FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Launch PTR 2.3

Moderator: MiRai

<<

d133294

Post Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:01 pm

Launch PTR 2.3

Hello all,
so i was trying to search around before i came here, on how to launch diablo 3 ptr for patch 2.3. Even with the other PTR's, i am not able to log in because it says there is a new patch and it needs to download; so im guessing the parameters
OnlineService.PTR=true -launch
are not working correctly.

I can multibox normally in 2.2, but again i can never get the ptr's to work. Am i missing something here? I also point the executable file to Diablo III.exe and not the launcher, but when i test launch the profile from innerspace battle.net pops up after the game has launched, but again not able to still sign in because there a patch it says (which there isnt).

Any ways, let me know what i can do to get this working. Thanks
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:03 pm

Re: Launch PTR 2.3

The quick start guide for D3 says

NOTE: To set up a profile for the Public Test Realm (PTR), the Parameters box needs "OnlineService.PTR=true -launch -uid diablo3_ptr_enus" instead of just "-launch" also with no quotes.

There might be other things you need to do too, but you are missing a parameter, so that wont help.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:05 pm

It looks like you're missing a parameter—From the Quick Start Guide on the Wiki:

NOTE: To set up a profile for the Public Test Realm (PTR), the Parameters box needs "OnlineService.PTR=true -launch -uid diablo3_ptr_enus" instead of just "-launch" also with no quotes.
<<

d133294

Post Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:27 pm

Then why does it say after i log in that there is a patch available... There is no patch.. Just wondering
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:55 am

d133294 wrote:Then why does it say after i log in that there is a patch available... There is no patch.. Just wondering

Have you downloaded and installed the PTR client? It's an entirely separate download and differs from the live game client—You cannot access the PTR client from the normal Diablo III.exe file. If you have done that, are you certain that you aren't pointing Inner Space to another PTR folder that isn't up to date? You can review the path and parameters that are set in your Game Profile.

I just tested this again this morning after d/ling the PTR, and everything looks to be working just fine.

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected