FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Wandering apart

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Aknapp124

Post Mon May 04, 2015 3:09 am

Wandering apart

So I'm just starting out with multi boxing. I'm just running 2 accounts so I can get the hang of it. I don't know if this is totally normal or not, but my characters seem to wander apart from eachother on a regular basis. They have the same movement speed, I'm using 1 monitor per account so I can see them both at the same time. Is there any way to make this less of an issue?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon May 04, 2015 4:36 am

Re: Wandering apart

1) Are you utilizing force stand still and force move?

2) Are both game client using the same resolution and display mode? (Resolution is controlled by your Window Layout, not the in-game settings! Share your profile if you're not 100% sure.)

3) I lost my train of thought and can't remember what I wanted to put here.
<<

Aknapp124

Post Mon May 04, 2015 7:22 am

I'm using force move and standstill 99% of the time. Once in a while I'll click to move if there is nothing in the area to kill and I don't have any more of an issue.

Both clients are in windowed full-screen and I believe are set to the same resolution, I'll have to double check when I get back home tonight. One monitor is 27" and the other is 23.6", could that have anything to do with it?

Maybe I would have better luck using the option with both games on one screen?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon May 04, 2015 8:06 am

Aknapp124 wrote:Both clients are in windowed full-screen and I believe are set to the same resolution, I'll have to double check when I get back home tonight. One monitor is 27" and the other is 23.6", could that have anything to do with it?

It could, if the monitors are set to use different resolutions.

Aknapp124 wrote:Maybe I would have better luck using the option with both games on one screen?
Sure, that would be one possible fix.
<<

nexxusofa178

Post Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:49 am

MiRai wrote:
Aknapp124 wrote:Both clients are in windowed full-screen and I believe are set to the same resolution, I'll have to double check when I get back home tonight. One monitor is 27" and the other is 23.6", could that have anything to do with it?

It could, if the monitors are set to use different resolutions.

Aknapp124 wrote:Maybe I would have better luck using the option with both games on one screen?
Sure, that would be one possible fix.

Sorry to semi-necro this, but I run 2 accounts on D3 quite frequently with 1 on my larger monitor and 1 on smaller. They are different resolutions and I don't have trouble with keeping them sync'd.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:25 am

nexxusofa178 wrote:Sorry to semi-necro this, but I run 2 accounts on D3 quite frequently with 1 on my larger monitor and 1 on smaller. They are different resolutions and I don't have trouble with keeping them sync'd.

Right, because there are ways to get around the issue, but if you run two different resolutions in your game client, without adjusting the Repeater scaling, then the mouse cursors will not line up.

You either need to use the same resolution in the game client, or adjust Repeater scaling—Both of which options are not easily found, or configured, for someone who is new to the program.

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected