FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Most efficient way to multibox 4 DHs?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Maverick

Post Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:08 am

Most efficient way to multibox 4 DHs?

Hey guys. Haven't posted since that arduous dxnothing 4 minimap process I was going through. I'm back multiboxing and I'm honing in on the most efficient way to multibox 4 DHs. I liked the dxnothing 4 quad minimaps, but toggling it on and off just so I can look at char's inventories seemed tedious. So I read a post somewhere here and some guy was just putting viewers of the other 3 minimaps on the bottom of his main screen(not blocking anything important so there is no need to toggle on/off). I liked that idea and think I'm going to stick with it.

I also saw a video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do1GT66lRhY of this guy multiboxing 4 DH and was wondering; was using dxNothing windows on the left side of his screen or was he using home regions to click on? At approx. 5:36 mark his DH's begin to split and then he proceeds to individually bring them back to one spot, without stopping the broadcasting/sync. Does anyone know how he was able to do that? It would definitely make my runs go faster considering I wouldn't have to desync>hotkey to other char>move him to spot>hotkey back to main>resync. Much appreciated if someone can let me know/give me other tips for efficiency.
<<

Maverick

Post Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:50 pm

Re: Most efficient way to multibox 4 DHs?

Think I figured it out after some digging. Made some mapped keys to control individual characters and also to be able to broadcast to specific characters.
<<

Xanth68

Post Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:06 am

I would like to know that also. I have been playing 4 DH's for 6 months now on HC mode. I use the ~ button to sync/un sync. Its a pretty fast way for me. Also it just takes a lot of time and patients to stay cool under pressure, when 1 or more toons goes off on its own, due to map or mobs pulling them in.
<<

Nibilus

Post Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:41 am

When you use the setup wizard for D3 you are able to setup keybindings for local control of the individual characters, this is what he is using. He is also not using a dxnothing for the side windows, he is just overlaying FX viewers of the other 3 windows. You only need to use Dxnothing if your planning on not overlaying directly over one of your IS Windows.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:43 am

Maverick wrote: I also saw a video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do1GT66lRhY of this guy multiboxing 4 DH and was wondering; was using dxNothing windows on the left side of his screen or was he using home regions to click on? At approx. 5:36 mark his DH's begin to split and then he proceeds to individually bring them back to one spot, without stopping the broadcasting/sync. Does anyone know how he was able to do that?

It looks like he's moving his mouse to the other screens and syncing them up himself. You can clearly see his mouse cursor move away from his large screen and appear on the smaller screens while syncing them back up while the rest of the party stands still in one spot.

Maverick wrote:Think I figured it out after some digging. Made some mapped keys to control individual characters and also to be able to broadcast to specific characters.

The Wizard would have set up the "Hold to Control" Mapped Keys for you by default. This is talked about in the first bullet in this section of the Quick Setup Wizard Wiki entry.
<<

Maverick

Post Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:21 pm

Xanth68 wrote:I would like to know that also. I have been playing 4 DH's for 6 months now on HC mode. I use the ~ button to sync/un sync. Its a pretty fast way for me. Also it just takes a lot of time and patients to stay cool under pressure, when 1 or more toons goes off on its own, due to map or mobs pulling them in.

Yeah I use the ~ button as well. It's such a gem.

MiRai wrote:It looks like he's moving his mouse to the other screens and syncing them up himself. You can clearly see his mouse cursor move away from his large screen and appear on the smaller screens while syncing them back up while the rest of the party stands still in one spot.

I thought you couldn't mouse over and click on Fx viewers and start using what is being viewed. I thought home regions did that. It looks like he may have done this, but the first 2 windows on the side are identical initially, then they switched (start 5:41). Then it looked like the last character was brought in using a hold to control key possibly? It looks like a promising setup, just would like to know more about it. 4 characters, but 2 screens on the left are most of the time identical. What gives?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:26 pm

Maverick wrote:I thought you couldn't mouse over and click on Fx viewers and start using what is being viewed.I thought home regions did that. It looks like he may have done this, but the first 2 windows on the side are identical initially, then they switched (start 5:41). Then it looked like the last character was brought in using a hold to control key possibly?

Yes, I do see some HTC keys being used now that I watch it again, but he also looks like he moves his mouse to a second monitor to manually move another character, and just because he's using VFX Viewers for game clients doesn't mean the game clients have to be stacked on the same monitor.

I'm not sure what you're asking about Video FX, but you can fully interact with a game client through a VFX Viewer if you enable (at the very least) the mouse pass-thru option, and you can also swap regions around by clicking on a VFX Viewer when using your VFX Focus Hotkey found in your Character Set.

Maverick wrote:It looks like a promising setup, just would like to know more about it. 4 characters, but 2 screens on the left are most of the time identical. What gives?

Honestly, it doesn't look like anything out of the ordinary to me. As Nibilus pointed out, it looks like it's just three VFX Viewers sitting on top of the main game client, but it could also be an overlay of some sort being created by his streaming software. There are a lot of assumptions in this next statement, but the fact that some of them are the same at times just means that his VFX swap Mapped Keys (if he even has this type of setup) are not 100% correct.

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected