FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multoboxing Hardcore with 4 Crusaders

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Zebrone

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:53 am

Multoboxing Hardcore with 4 Crusaders

Hi guys,

I am new in here and I just started to discover the wonderfull world of Multiboxing.

I would like to know if someone in this forum already tried to use ISBoxer for D3 but in Extreme mode (HC)

Actually my main char. is a Crusader and i would like to mount a set of 4 Crusaders in order to loot the maximum items.

My first goal is to farm without danger in T1.

Any of you can give me some advices?

Thank you in advance!

Zeb'
<<

cmoidudu

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:51 pm

Re: Multoboxing Hardcore with 4 Crusaders

I have a Crusader team in HC which I don't play a lot since I always risk a sudden "connection lost to the server" and then all my toons are dead. This hasn't been happening since several weeks tho. They're like Paragon 50 ATM.

Of course you want to take as many defensive skills as you can, specially All Resistance. With 900-1.000 unbuffed All Resistance you'll find out that elites can't hurt you much even in Torment I, of course I assume that you won't be sitting ducks on 10 stacks of Molten effect...

The real problem is when you are feared or knockback'd, meaning when your team is split up. But even so, with high resists and if you don't panic, you should be ok.

Crusaders are the best choice for multi-boxing HC because they are the toughest class. Eventually you can leave one spot for a Barbarian or a Monk in order to have more buffs. Including a Monk is probably the more efficient, however he'll be weaker that the Crusaders, even if he wears a shield. Which means he might die if you don't focus, since your Crusaders will be sustaining damage, but suddenly you'll figure out that your Monk is dead :(

About tactics, it's the usual multiboxing stuff, try to always be close to a wall or edge of a map so that if the team is split you can always regroup it by having the toons hit a corner or an angle, whatever.

If you have a Wizard on your main account, I suggest you use it to level your toons. Have one of your level 1 Crusaders begin a bounty or the main story in Torment VI (I recommend doing "Rumford at the Gate" in act I again and again), then invite your others level 1 Crusaders, and then your level 70 Wizard. Kill everything from the distance with your Wizard, and you'll be level 30 in no time. Be careful of monsters with arrows or spikes etc. they'll one-shot your Crusaders.

Every 10 levels or so, craft some armor for your Crusaders with a lot of Vitality on every piece. Materials aren't bound to account until level 61 so...

At level 30-35 Torment VI you'll find out that you can't kill stuff as fast with your Wizard, so you will have to gradually drop Torment levels. Eventually from there you can do the whole story in Normal mode... Be sure that you always invite your level 70 with one lower-level character.

Oh, also, this is very stupid, but when the Crusaders hit level 2 or 3, they will be granted (on your mouse right-clik button) a skill that makes them rush to the target, which can get them killed if you don't pay attention :evil:

Good luck :)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:28 pm

Zebrone wrote:I am new in here and I just started to discover the wonderfull world of Multiboxing.

Any of you can give me some advices?

If you haven't already, you should probably get the feel for multiboxing in a non-hardcore setting before attempting hardcore, because that just seems like a major headache that can be easily avoided.
<<

Zebrone

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:34 am

cmoidudu wrote:I have a Crusader team in HC which I don't play a lot since I always risk a sudden "connection lost to the server" and then all my toons are dead. This hasn't been happening since several weeks tho. They're like Paragon 50 ATM.

Of course you want to take as many defensive skills as you can, specially All Resistance. With 900-1.000 unbuffed All Resistance you'll find out that elites can't hurt you much even in Torment I, of course I assume that you won't be sitting ducks on 10 stacks of Molten effect...

The real problem is when you are feared or knockback'd, meaning when your team is split up. But even so, with high resists and if you don't panic, you should be ok.

Crusaders are the best choice for multi-boxing HC because they are the toughest class. Eventually you can leave one spot for a Barbarian or a Monk in order to have more buffs. Including a Monk is probably the more efficient, however he'll be weaker that the Crusaders, even if he wears a shield. Which means he might die if you don't focus, since your Crusaders will be sustaining damage, but suddenly you'll figure out that your Monk is dead :(

About tactics, it's the usual multiboxing stuff, try to always be close to a wall or edge of a map so that if the team is split you can always regroup it by having the toons hit a corner or an angle, whatever.

If you have a Wizard on your main account, I suggest you use it to level your toons. Have one of your level 1 Crusaders begin a bounty or the main story in Torment VI (I recommend doing "Rumford at the Gate" in act I again and again), then invite your others level 1 Crusaders, and then your level 70 Wizard. Kill everything from the distance with your Wizard, and you'll be level 30 in no time. Be careful of monsters with arrows or spikes etc. they'll one-shot your Crusaders.

Every 10 levels or so, craft some armor for your Crusaders with a lot of Vitality on every piece. Materials aren't bound to account until level 61 so...

At level 30-35 Torment VI you'll find out that you can't kill stuff as fast with your Wizard, so you will have to gradually drop Torment levels. Eventually from there you can do the whole story in Normal mode... Be sure that you always invite your level 70 with one lower-level character.

Oh, also, this is very stupid, but when the Crusaders hit level 2 or 3, they will be granted (on your mouse right-clik button) a skill that makes them rush to the target, which can get them killed if you don't pay attention :evil:

Good luck :)

Hi Cmoidudu !

Thank you very much for your time, I really appreciate.

I am actually leveling up my 3 new Toons and they are already lvl 67.

About the Vortex and Bump effects from elites. Indeed that's the principal problem in my opinon... I plan to use "Laws of Jusice" with the Rune Bravery which should grant my team a FullTime Immunity to control effects. (Thanks to Round-Robin.. :twisted: ) But I didn't try at the moment, so I'am not sure that the immunity will works with Vortex, and knockback.

I can't wait to hit 70 and try some rift in normal/hard and try to get to 10-12M Toughness for each char.

Guys i will update this post with my experience of the game. I am actually very enthusiastic, maybe i will cry in a few day.. lol

Just another question, how do you make sure that you don't miss any legendary when playing with 4 char? Is there any special configuration with sound or something?

Thank guys :)
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:30 pm

Here's the 'Notice Drops' thread, from dual-boxing:
http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/50729-Tracking-drops
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

cmoidudu

Post Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:50 am

Zebrone wrote:Thank you very much for your time, I really appreciate.

Just another question, how do you make sure that you don't miss any legendary when playing with 4 char? Is there any special configuration with sound or something?

And you are welcome.

About that missing legendaries stuff, at your level it shouldn't be a problem since I guess that you are picking every blue and yellow drop from elites packs in order to turn them into material, which you will need to enchant you gear. So you shouldn't miss a legendary there. Also I suggest that you quickly check your map on each character before you leave an area. I'm not using any add-on ATM, it's not because I'm afraid, it's just because they do a lot of things that I have no use for, and they don't do what I would need (like tracking Imperial Gems).

The main trick with a Crusader team is that they can be godlike for 6-10s, that's the duration of the active part of the Laws (including Long Arm of the Law) so you preferably need to kill an elite pack in that amount for time. So don't push to Torment II if you can't kill elites in like 6 seconds. Be carefull, Laws of Valor and Laws of Justice have an active part which lasts 5s (10s with Long Arm of the Law) BUT Laws of Hope has an active part which lasts 3s (6s with Long Arm of the Law).

One last thing, if you play with stacked windows, be aware that your toons aren't always exactly where they seem to be. I mean, from you main window you see your character #3 stacked on your character #1, but if you switch to window #3 you'll figure out that your character #3 is not at this exact location. This can be of importance when you try to avoid a ground effect, and that's not only with elites... beware of those act I trees and act III dudes that cast poison. If they stack too many poison areas, and one of your character is not where you think he is, that can leed to a painful death :shock:
<<

Zebrone

Post Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:11 am

Hello Guys!

Just a quick update to give you guys some news about my "challenge" to use 4 Crusaders in hardcore mode.

Actually everything is going very well, my toons are Paragon lvl 100+ and I can easily farm T1.

My build is pretty simple, and with the Law of Justice I am always immune to all the control effects..

Actually I made this team to find the Weapon: Fate Of The Fell.

But even my 4 toons, I'am still waiting for it... In the mean time I dropped like 4 Thunderfurry, I am really going crazy with this 2H Flail...

Cya guys!

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected