FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Performance issues with ROS

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Boxstar

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:40 am

Performance issues with ROS

I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing massive DPS drops in ROS? I never had issues before to rum my 4-toon setup. If anyone knows how to fix it or konows an optimal setup for ISBOXER to avoid these drops then please let me know.

Thanks
boxstar
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:35 am

Re: Performance issues with ROS

Still (always) relevant: HOWTO: Tweak your framerate. Especially look at the "Identifying framerate bottlenecks" section if you want to solve your performance issue or get additional help with it
<<

sherkas

Post Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:46 am

I havent had any issues. Their are locations which have spots that destroy my fps though (pandamonium fortress for example) but most places are fine.
<<

Boxstar

Post Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:52 pm

I figured out what the problem is. Since ROS was updated the Game is not utilizingh my secon GPU anymore. I have a Crossfire setup and before the patch it was working.

The weir thing is that it works if I start the game without ISBOXER.

Can anyone help with that?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:02 pm

Boxstar wrote:I figured out what the problem is. Since ROS was updated the Game is not utilizingh my secon GPU anymore. I have a Crossfire setup and before the patch it was working.

The weir thing is that it works if I start the game without ISBOXER.

Can anyone help with that?

As far as I know, Crossfire has never worked in any display mode except for true fullscreen (unlike SLI), which doesn't work while running more than one client and multiboxing. I haven't owned an ATi/AMD GPU for a long time so I cannot say with 100% certainty that this is true, but no one has been able to show me that it does work in windowed mode when I ask, so I can only assume that it doesn't.
<<

Boxstar

Post Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:35 pm

I did a bit more research and figured out that D3 only utilizes both GPU in Fullscreen mode. I tested this without ISBOXER.

So does it mean that ISBOXER never used my Crossfire setup? That actualyl confuses me becaus emy performance in the past was stellar and therefore I never checked if the second GPU is in use.

Is there a chance to configure ISBOXER that both GPUs work?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:45 pm

So does it mean that ISBOXER never used my Crossfire setup?

Yes. Because you cannot launch multiple fullscreen mode applications, so ISBoxer must enforce windowed mode for Direct3D.

Yes, if you take it out of Crossfire mode, use 2 monitors, and a Window Layout that splits the load between them. http://isboxer.com/wiki/GPU_Management
<<

Boxstar

Post Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:49 pm

lax wrote:
So does it mean that ISBOXER never used my Crossfire setup?

Yes. Because you cannot launch multiple fullscreen mode applications, so ISBoxer must enforce windowed mode for Direct3D.

Yes, if you take it out of Crossfire mode, use 2 monitors, and a Window Layout that splits the load between them. http://isboxer.com/wiki/GPU_Management

Thanks Lax. Unfortunately I have just one monitor. Two questions:

1) Is it possible to power different windows on the same monitore with two different GPUs?

2) Would I have the same issue with a SLI system or only with Crossfire?

Thanks
boxstar
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:54 pm

1) Is it possible to power different windows on the same monitore with two different GPUs?

No.

2) Would I have the same issue with a SLI system or only with Crossfire?

SLI should work in windowed mode with current drivers. Crossfire does not. Therefore the same issue should not happen with SLI, but I make no guarantees...
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:19 pm

Boxstar wrote:2) Would I have the same issue with a SLI system or only with Crossfire?

I stated in my first reply that SLI works in windowed mode, but performance will vary from game to game, especially when multiboxing.

lax wrote:SLI should work in windowed mode with current drivers. Crossfire does not. Therefore the same issue should not happen with SLI, but I make no guarantees...

I'll make the guarantee that it works in windowed mode, but no guarantees about expected performance when multiboxing. :)

http://i1.minus.com/iOd1ybfhTmNuj.png
Next

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected