FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

D3 Framerate question.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Nirvana9832

Post Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:31 am

D3 Framerate question.

I realize there is a how to tweak framerate section.

My question today is;

My framerate seems to slowly, over time decrease.

Is there some kind of Cache somewhere, or something of the sort i can clean / clear?

It started where i had 60fps at the start, slowly declining, and today i have 30, and drops to 20 in certain mob densities. But at the beginning i was fine!

It's all very confusing.

What can i try first?

Thanks <3
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:53 pm

Re: D3 Framerate question.

Nirvana9832 wrote:My framerate seems to slowly, over time decrease.

Is there some kind of Cache somewhere, or something of the sort i can clean / clear?

Not that I'm aware of -- At least nothing that should affect FPS in the way you say. You can obviously try deleting your Cache folders and letting ISBoxer recreate them upon your next Character Set launch, but I don't think I've ever heard of that fixing a "slowly dropping framerate over time" issue.

Nirvana9832 wrote:I realize there is a how to tweak framerate section.

And what does Open Hardware Monitor tell you? If you close a game client does your FPS on everything else go up? That's a very good indication that your hardware is being pushed too hard (or is being bottlenecked somewhere, by something).
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:00 pm

I would guess...

You start the game, and are in the starting camp.
Which means there aren't a whole lot of monsters running around.
And you're not spamming abilities to clear the camp.
So you don't have all the fancy spell effects going off (on each instance of the game that is running).

But when you get to a harder encounter, one that features a larger pack of monsters.
You're using the abilities that cause the game to lag out your system.

If the reduced FPS occurs during this phase, but disappears when the area is cleared.
The hardware monitor will identify any components which are approaching 100% utilization during the stress period.
Upgrading that component will help, as the computer has more processing (or video, or memory, etc) or whatever was previously holding the computer back.

If the reduced FPS is a gradual and incremental thing, I'm kind of lost as to the cause.
But the more information you can provide, the better the chance someone can help you.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

cmoidudu

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:38 am

Maybe you are low on RAM and Windows uses a swap file on your mechanical HD, which slows everything ? What's your RAM size ?

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected