FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

2.0 mixed setup (Barbarian, 2xWizards, Monk) and thougths...

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Devile

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:37 pm

Re: 2.0 mixed setup (Barbarian, 2xWizards, Monk) and thougths...

Yeah, noticed the 4 piece effect and looks nice, but for the Torment difficulty I'm in, is not really necessary. Maybe once I start doing higher levels, but I've been very unlucky with monk drops. To solve that, I'm working on 4x Tempest Rush monks to do bounties and full act runs on T1. Hopefully that will help me gear my monk, faster. Will do the same for all my classes to speed up gearing.

More than a 4 set Innas which can roll shit, I'm more interested in these 2 items:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/sledge-fist
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-fist-of-azturrasq

Those 2 are pretty much mandatory for high level Torment. I have a legacy Sledge Fist with 37% stun which is ok, but I really want the new one with 45+% stun rate. And the Fist of Az'Turrasq is just beastly. Palm on any minion and with the millions of HP they have, EVERYTHING explodes. I don't think anything can match that amount of damage. You can also mix a Sledge Fist with Azurewrath for Freeze + Stun which is great for CC too. Also a good Strongarm Bracers for the 30% damage for 5 seconds since Cyclone Strike is considered knockback (I have the 2.0 bracers only).

Inna's set has nice bonus but I'm not sure if that will be helpful for higher Torment. Maybe have 3 pieces with 2 pieces of Aughild's set and a Ring of Royal Grandeur to have the bonus for the 2 sets, or just go with Blackthorne's and have the party with Guardian and Aughild sets. Not sure yet.

I'm more focused on damage than mitigation since u dont really need that much when u kill fast. I don't see a point on going higher in difficulty since it's not very rewarding. I've done T5 with friends in high DPS parties and droprates were pretty much the same. Obviously doing 3 hours of T5 is not enough to gather droprates information, but still, if rates are higher, they are not noticeable. Items quality is exactly the same from T1 to T6, only rates are higher and those are not public AFAIK. Only exp is better, but thats not worth it IMO.

I'm all about getting the most amount of legendaries per hour and going higher gets me less drops per hours, so it beats the purpose. T2 should be as fast as T1, but T3 will be slower and give me far less drops. Until I have more DPS and eHP to faceroll T3, I'll stay in 1-2.
<<

cmoidudu

Post Thu May 08, 2014 8:47 am

I haven't updated this thread for a while...

I tried different combos, and ATM I'm using 3x Crusaders and 1x Monk, it's the most efficient by far. I'm running Torment IV with average gear, where I destroy elite packs in 5 seconds. I'm using a combo which has a cooldown of about ~15s with cooldown reduction, just perfect. It's based on what Pokey shows on his channel when he runs his Crusader team, with couple of modifcations.

I know, I can have a more efficent team based on Fire Wizards, but I'm just lazy rifting over and over again to gather all the stuff, which stuff was easy to find on the early days of RoS, but now obviously Blizzard made some "adjustemts" so that most of legendaries dropping are worthless pieces of sh...
<<

uraikai

Post Thu May 08, 2014 8:51 pm

Which difficulty are you running the 3 crusader and monk on? I recently levelled 4 crusader and have a monk that's level 66. So might give that combination a go.

I generally run 4 wizards or 3 wizards plus barb/wd/crusader. I uploaded a video last night of my 4 wizards doing T2 :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYp4GrVCvRA
<<

cmoidudu

Post Fri May 09, 2014 1:17 pm

I'm running Torment IV without problems, even though my gear is far from being outstanding. I only have 1 Ring of Royal Grandeur, and one my character still can't forge Auguild set. So that's a lot of +% damage to elite and % reduced damage from elite that I'm still missing.

The trick with Crusaders is that they have very powerful skills with low cooldowns. My Crusader #1 has Judgement/Resolve so all of my team has 100% critical chance (assuming they have a 20% critical chance basis) for about 10s. This is is a 20s-cooldown effect (prior to cooldown reduction). Then with that same keystroke I have my other toons cast Shield Glare / Divine Verdict (+20% Damage) for Crusader #2, Crusader #3 gathers everything around with Condemn / Vacuum, while the Monk casts Inner Sanctuary / Forbidden Palace for another +30% damage dealt and 50% damage taken reduction.

Right after that, I throw in my main dps skills (Exploding Palm / The Flesh is Weak, Heaven's Fury / Acendancy x3, Fist of Heaven / Fissure x3) and really, even in Torment IV, I humiliate elite packs before my skills have expired. And about tough rift bosses, I just cast my skills, stand ground for like 10s, then I eventually kite for 4-5 seconds and voilà, my skills are already up, etc.

Also during those 5-6 seconds of slaughter I'm very defensive with all the auras (I still don't have the 4-pieces bonus set from Inna, working on it), and I cast Inner Sanctuary / Forbidden Palace plus Laws of Hope / Stop Time.

I can link my whole skill sets if you want. Basically it's what Pokey does with his Crusader team, I just modified some options and added one Monk.
<<

cmoidudu

Post Sun May 25, 2014 9:59 am

OK I'm finally running my team the way I wanted to. It has taken a lot of time because of one silly reason, which is : I needed a Ring of Royal Grandeur on my Monk... I dropped several on my other accounts (which I didn't really needed) but none on my Monk. Darn :evil:

This team (3xCrusaders and 1xMonk) is running Torment V Rifts with no problem. I might try Torment VI sometimes, with some gear upgrades...

I have to admit, however, that when I enter a rift with those pesky act V critters, I just log out and start a new one. I can do that because I still have like 350+ Rift Keystone Fragments on each 4 accounts, with all the Act I bounties that I ran for that damn ring ;)

Also I tried 4xCrusaders like Pokey, it has some advantages, however I can't kill elite packs as fast as with my 3xCrusaders and 1xMonk. In other words, using another Crusader can't beat the Monk's abilities Inner Sanctuary / Forbidden Palace + Exploding Palm / The Flesh is Weak. Plus the group bonuses form 4xInna's.

About gear, it's pretty much straightforward. All my toons are equipped with 3x Cain's Set and 3x Aughuild's set (down to 2 with rings). They give both damage taken reductions and damage dealt augmentations, +8% Attack Speed, +50% Magic Find which can't hurt, and +50% XP which I don't care that much since running Torment V in group already provides a +1.524,8% XP bonus (1589,7% with the set bonus). And, since those sets are crafted, it's not too hard to get decent pieces. It just takes some time.

I use Thundergod's Vigor for belts and Schaeffer's Hammer's for weapons. I believe that they are better than Fate of the Fell because the extra rays of Heaven's Fury tend to just be sitting ducks in the distance and are useless vs a single target (like rift bosses). My Monk has the bonus from 3x Cain's, 3x Aughuild's and 4x Inna's (thats 2+2+3 pieces with the ring).

Now some comments about the skills : I'm running a lightning build, the main reason being that Fist of the Heaven / Fissure produces extra lightnings between each fissure, so if you have some skill which reduces the Wrath used (like Laws of Valor / Unstoppable Force), all you really have to do is spamming Fissures all around as fast as you can, and it gets the job done.

Now some comments :
- Laws of Hope / Stop Time makes the team invulnerable for 6 seconds (with Long Arm of the Law) which should be enough time to destroy an elite pack.
- Laws of Valor / Unstoppable Force reduces Wrath spend for the whole team for 10 seconds (with Long Arm of the Law). It's not clearly explained in the character builder that it applies to the whole team.
- Laws of Valor / Critical gives +100% crit damage for the whole team for 10 seconds (with Long Arm of the Law). It's not clearly explained in the character builder that it applies to the whole team.
- Laws of Justice/ Immovable Object gives +490 to all resistances for the whole team for 10 seconds (with Long Arm of the Law). Maybe the least interesting, since I already use Laws of Hope / Stop Time at the same time... however the passive part of the law also buffs resistances by 140.

Have fun :)
<<

KriS

Post Tue May 27, 2014 8:18 am

Here is my setup with 3x Wizard and 1x Barb.
I user wizard for DPS and Babrb for speed/pull/stun for whole group (with legendary belt).
I play T4/T5 - T6 is also possible, but it's to slow. At now I almost don't do damage on my barb, but use defend passives for all group and stun skills/gear for monsters.
I'm still play with barb builds and test some stuff.

You can check my gear/skill for each character here:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/pl/profile/kris ... o/35285638
http://eu.battle.net/d3/pl/profile/kris ... o/35355013
http://eu.battle.net/d3/pl/profile/KriS ... ero/357505
http://eu.battle.net/d3/pl/profile/KriS ... o/37557787

Here is some example with rift play at T4:
http://goo.gl/ugyLhA
Sometimes I did it at 8 min and sometimes at 18 min, but generally it's about 12 min for each run.

From time to time I die with my group but it's soft core so no matter.

@cmoidudu - can you show your play?
I'm consider add monk to my group or exchange with barb.
<<

cmoidudu

Post Fri May 30, 2014 11:21 am

There you go. I'm doing Torment VI rifts now, with occasional wipes, like double-pull on some act V elites...

Video 1, I'm clicking on a speed pylon so I have no damage or defense buffs from it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQoEKle55xg

Video 2, got feared from nightmarish affix at pull. Not the best way to start a fight. Still, no problem : http://youtu.be/eH9x2Yf_xyU

The funny thing is that I have so many buffs that the extra-buffs from active parts of Laws doesn't even show. Also I have a decent gear, but with still a good margin from upgrades... I could jump from Torment V to Torment VI probably because of The Fist of Az'Turrasq.
<<

KriS

Post Fri May 30, 2014 12:26 pm

Can you show whole rift? First video is only 19 sec.. second 13s? :)
<<

cmoidudu

Post Fri May 30, 2014 2:42 pm

I could, but I don't see the point. And this would be in low-res, since I'm running only running 2x80GB SSD on my computer, which is not much disk space left for video recording, with Win-7, Diablo III, Rome 2 Total War, and OpenOffice.

Anyway, most of the elite fights are like those 2 with, of course, the occasional wipe from some shielding/nightmare dudes, or ranged knockback (I hate those). About rift bosses, my best strategy is burn CDs, kite a while, burn CDs again, etc. The point is, with this combo I can nuke during 10s every 20s with cooldown reduction, so that's not too much to wait. On some rift bosses I can even tank the whole fight, my dudes can endure the damage.

Of course I truly hate that frost rift boss, I still have to figure out how I can avoid being frozen over and over as a multiboxer... And that other one with group knockback + single vortex, which is a real annoyance. The others rift bosses let me kite, so they are not really a problem.

[edit] Oh, and also I can't record more than 30s in a row with Fraps ;)
<<

cmoidudu

Post Sat May 31, 2014 3:53 am

OK finally I used that ObsProject stuff and here is a complete Torment VI rift. For some reason I recorded in 720p (I'm playing in 1080p) but YouTube published it in 360p... Ah well, there it is : http://youtu.be/L_76g3AA3Qk

- For the purpose of video recording, I didn't pick Legendaries from characters 2, 3 and 4. I completed the rift, stopped recording then picked them afterwards. That was 9 legendaries overall, which makes it an average/good rift. This is Torment VI and all of my characters have Cain's 3 pieces set bonus (+50% Magic Find).

- Most of the first packs are Nightmarish / Shielding. So annoying for a multiboxer. I almost stopped recording to start a new rift.

- 06:10 I kill a treasure goblin, and the explosion (from Exploding Palm + Fist of d’Az’Turrasq) one-shots a pack of elites. LOL.

- 13:25 I spot a Conduit Pylon, but I choose to ignore it since the rift is almost complete, so that I can use it on the the rift boss.

- 13:40 I wipe twice from a double elite pack. Makes me regret that Conduit Pylon ;)

- 15:25 I finally click on the Conduit Pylon and end the rift. Bye bye rift boss, thanks for coming. Note that you can't see the Conduit buff (nor any of my active buffs) since I already have 7 passive buffs and Nephalem Glory.

Also, I'm Paragon 280-285 "only". The finest players around are in the 550-600 range already... But well, I have a life, too :)
Previous

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected