FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Question about resolution settings

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Adrian05

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:02 pm

Question about resolution settings

I am having a problem with diablo actually displaying the correct resolution when using isboxer. I set the resolution to 800x600 in fulscreen in the diablo 3 settings and everything is 800x600 with bad text. Then I change it to windowed fullscreen mode and click accept - now my diablo 3 is a small window in the corner and isboxer does not stretch the 800x600 to fit my whole screen. I then proceed to exit diablo and reload that character slot from inner space and when it loads it is full screen at a reolution that definitely is not 800x600 stretched even though it says 800x600 (windowed fullscreen) in the diablo 3 settings. How do I get my diablo to run actual 800x600 stretched by isboxer with clear text?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:58 pm

Re: Question about resolution settings

How do I get my diablo to run actual 800x600 stretched by isboxer with clear text?

Your resolution is not controlled by the game when you put it in Windowed Fullscreen. It's controlled by your Window Layout (which is why the text is clear and broadcasting works correctly, etc). If your Window Layout's main region size is not 800x600, then your game window is not going to be 800x600. It's going to be the size of your main region.

What is it that you actually want? You want the game to render in 800x600, but you want ISBoxer to stretch it to a different size? And then you say you want clear text, which complicates things because in order for text to be clear, you MUST keep the same 4:3 Aspect Ratio with your region sizes.

Whatever size you want the game to render at, here's what to do:
1. In the top left pane in ISBoxer, expand Window Layouts and select yours under it
2. Make sure that in the bottom right pane, the "Use Instant window swapping (synchronizes game resolutions)" box is checked; if this is not checked, you cannot make it render a different size than your window is actually sized.
3. In the bottom left pane, select "Regions" to bring up the Regions editor
4. In the bottom right pane, right click your main region (which is not 800x600) and select Duplicate. This will create a new region on top of your main region, which we are going to use to define the resolution you want...
5. If the new region is not yet selected, click it so that in the properties box to the right, you're configuring the new one (with the highest number) -- it will be selected in the Region drop-down box above the properties
6. Set the size of this new region to 800x600; you can do this by typing 800x600 in the box, or click and drag.
7. Click the "Swap Groups" tab on the properties box
8. Set the "Reset Region" option to this new Region, e.g. Region 6 if that's the new one (or whatever the number happens to be for your layout). The Active Region should still be Region 1, don't change that setting
9. Export to Inner Space, and re-launch your team

Now... if the Aspect Ratio of your main region is 4:3, then you should have a 800x600 game rendering, scaled to the window size, with clear text.
<<

Adrian05

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:26 pm

So if I keep the 16:9 ratio and lower the resolution then the text will be clear? My desktop is 2560x1440 and I want to render diablo 3 at a low resolution and have isboxer stretch it to the full screen stack. I currently have the lowest 16:9 option that diablo has avvailable selected and I was wondering how I would put a customer 16:9 resolution that is even lower and maintain clear text? I ultimately want the better performance so that my 4 characters stay synced better.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:34 pm

If you're trying to render at a smaller resolution and then scale it back up to your 1440 monitor, the entire screen is probably going to be blurry and completely degraded in quality. It's going to be the same thing as if you're watching a video that's 800x600 and then maximize the video player.

If you've got such a large monitor, you could just create a quadrant of all four clients at 800x600 each so that you can see what's happening in every screen. The total size would be 1600x1200 which could easily be centered on your monitor.
<<

Adrian05

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:16 pm

I think I might need a better video card.

My current card is a Radeon 6870.

I wanted each client to be locked into the same frame rate consistently so I don't have syncing issues.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:51 pm

Adrian05 wrote:I think I might need a better video card.

My current card is a Radeon 6870.

I wanted each client to be locked into the same frame rate consistently so I don't have syncing issues.

How does that pertain to running each of your clients at 800x600 like you wanted? Are you saying that your video card can't handle your target FPS when using 800x600?

If you think that's the case, then you should check out this link:

http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_you ... ottlenecks
<<

Adrian05

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:20 pm

I like to play all characters full screen stacked and switch between which client is showing on top with the f keys. I wont be able to do that with clean text at 800x600. I think the last resolution that I can do this at is the lowest 16:9 resolution that diablo 3 offers. Right now I get bad frame rates running my characters and it causes them to lose sync more often than they should. I have everything on the lowest settings possible so I think i need a video card that is packing more power.

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected