FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Text clarity - revisited

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mahther

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:45 pm

Text clarity - revisited

Hey lax, I know we talked about this before but I wanted to check in with you again because now that I've upgraded to a single card it's a pain in the neck to deal with. So I understand that the text gets smushed because of scaling. For some reason the text became much easier to read when I had both monitors plugged into separate video cards, with crossfire disabled of course. This leads me to believe that there may be a way to improve it on a single card. I don't know much about it aside from the results, so for all I know it may be too complicated to be worth your time, in which case I understand. I just figured that it's better to ask and find out than to not ask and wonder.

I still have the cards I used, so if you need a screenshot for an example just let me know and I'll swap em out.
<<

farmouss

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:49 am

Re: Text clarity - revisited

Good question, I wanted to post it :)

I think that, if Lax could "translate" mouse coordinates from 1 game window that has a bigger resolution to another game window that has smaller resolution, then it should work and should help performance issues as well, is that possible?
<<

Mahther

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:11 am

You should already be able to do that, they just need to share the same aspect ratio. I had this problems a couple times, bad memory. heh

In the top left pane of ISBoxer: expand repeater profiles, left click default. In the bottom right pane: open the drop down menu labeled "cursor positioning mode" and select "scaled to fit".
<<

farmouss

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:28 am

Mahther wrote:In the top left pane of ISBoxer: expand repeater profiles, left click default. In the bottom right pane: open the drop down menu labeled "cursor positioning mode" and select "scaled to fit".

Thanks for the quick answer.
Actually, I don't have any performance issues with my configuration (i7@5ghz - 24GB Ram - GTX580@900/2100) but, the ability to reduce the resolution on additionnal instances is very interesting as it should help the text to be more readable.
What resolutions are you running for the 3 other instances?

cheers,
<<

Mahther

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:01 pm

I actually currently run them in four corners on a 1080 reso. I prefer this because I hate having to look at my second monitor for drops after every kill, it gives me a sore neck. I have found that playing at a non widescreen resolution does help clear text, but limits field of view, which decreases survivability and increases the chance of missing loot. The way it is now I have to wait until the end of a run, exit out of my layout, load a dual screen layout, do inventory management, exit, load corners, play.

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected