FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

4 Box - FPS problems and upgrading hardware

Moderator: MiRai

<<

23teeth

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:34 pm

4 Box - FPS problems and upgrading hardware

Hello everyone, I'm new this whole multiboxing thing and am having a lot of fun! But am also having some issues (other then finding nothing but crappy loot :lol: )

Currently I am sitting at 25 FPS on all windows, and 1 window always dips to 5 FPS when there is a lot of action going on. It causes the mouse and keyboard to be unresponsive and it usually results in a death or me having to go collect him. >_<

I do have some money to upgrade as i do not think my computer is where it needs to be to do all of this smoothly and i have no idea what to go for.

This is currently what i got going on.

System specs:
MB: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor
Video: EVGA GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5
RAM: CORSAIR XMS3 6GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
HD: OCZ Agility 2 120GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

I am pretty sure it is not the settings, i have messed around with everything for hours and read tons of posts in forums trying to stop the FPS drops on that 1 window, and its driving me crazy! I was not going to upgrade but now i keep blue screening and im not even wanting to look into that issue now and am deciding just to upgrade.

Do you think the CPU/Mobo/Ram is fine and i should just go crazy on a Vid card? or do you think its everything?

Thanks so much for the help :)
<<

Mahther

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:02 pm

Re: 4 Box - FPS problems and upgrading hardware

If you want we can take a look at your configuration and might notice something, just follow the steps here. viewtopic.php?f=40&t=13

If you feel comfortable overclocking, I've been able to get that CPU up to a stable 4ghz. Well, ASUS did. They have a great auto tuner for my MB. We have a very similar system. Aside from the OC, you have a better card and I have double the ram. I haven't had any trouble like you describe, so I'm not sure what could be the problem.

MB: ASUS M5A97 EVO AM3+
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 975 Black Edition Deneb 3.6GHz (Overclocked to 4GHz) Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core HDZ975FBGMBOX
Video: (Two in Crossfire) XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB HD-577X-ZNFC
RAM: G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866 F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR
HD: OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-240G 240GB SATA III (SSD)
<<

23teeth

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:12 pm

<<

Mahther

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:38 am

Using one core per instance is a bad idea, but you said you were trying out different things so maybe you've already done it the way I'm going to suggest. Let me know.

Use the dropdown menu in the ISBoxer toolkit labeled wizards and select the CPU strategy wizard. Select your character set. Set your maximum framerate to 25 for both foreground and background for now. You can try setting it higher or lower if you find that your frames are or are not stable across all accounts, but keep them both equal. Closer to the bottom where it says to select a generated CPU strategy, choose Select all CPUs with every window. Click finish, save to ISBoxer, and export to Innerspace. That's it, launch your character set and see if it works.
<<

23teeth

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:48 pm

Well i fiddled around with the settings again last night and did what said, it did not seem to help much but at least i never blue screened. I updated my drivers for my vid card so mabye it was just that :P

I think i am experiencing the best it will get until i spend some more money on stuffs.
<<

Mahther

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:48 pm

Sorry man, I wish I could have helped. Maybe someone more knowledgeable will see something in the config.
<<

Mahther

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:34 pm

So I just upgraded my video card to a 7970 ghz and the difference is night and day. I can now run all 4 windows at max settings and max resolution at 40fps, where as before it had to be minimum settings and minimum reso at 20fps. If you do end up upgrading, I suggest your video card.
<<

23teeth

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:12 pm

oooh that sounds fancy!

*edit* ok i just bought one myself, i will let you know how it goes next week!
<<

23teeth

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:53 am

Well i got my new vid card and tested everything out, still have 1 window that drops in FPS but overall i can tell everything iss a bit better. Mabye 6 gigs of ram is too little? either that or my CPU sucks.

got a 680 w/ 4 gigs of ram sooooo it certainly isn't that now.

Also got a nice heatsink and have my cpu sitting at 3.8, I tried 4.0 and had some issues so I'm leaving it there.

I think my computer just really doesnt like to play 4 games at once :lol:

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected