FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Quad boxing Inferno Act 3 and 4 with 4x Witchdoctors

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Kicksome

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:34 pm

Quad boxing Inferno Act 3 and 4 with 4x Witchdoctors

I played one Witchdoctor till 60, and geared him up quite a bit - about 60k dps and Inferno Act 4 up to Diablo. And then I started farming Inferno Act 4 and Inferno Pony - always solo with a hireling.

As I was farming, I thought to myself, why don't I just do this on 4 characters and get 4x the loot and gold? I'm just farming for gold and items, it will save me a lot of time.

So I bought 3 more copies of Diablo 3, setup the accounts, and setup ISBoxer. Piece of cake.

I put a lot of thought into what classes I should play. I know WD isn't the best class by any means, but the more I thought about it, the more I liked the fact that they have pets and lots of CC, and that could be a big advantage. They also have some nice buffs that happen to stack with different runes. So I started 3 more WDs, and just used my main level 60 to power level them through everything, repeating boss runs etc... It only took me 1/2 of the weekend to get them to level 60.

Once I got them all to 60, they all had about 600k just from quests and gold pickups. They had no gear aside from the stuff they picked up and put on automatically. So I went to the AH and bought them the best weapons I could for around 200k each, which happened to be about 870k dps WD daggers. I also had a few hand me down pieces from my main. Once they were fully equipped, they had about 30k dps each.

I started playing around with pet specs, and they rocked in Act 1, but Act 2/3/4 they weren't very effective.

I then started to stack CC gear on 3 of them, 4% stun on gloves, 3% freeze on belts etc... I tried to sacrifice as little DPS as possible, trying to buy items for maybe 50k on the AH each.

That actually worked pretty well, and it made things easier, a lot of automatic CC. I played around with tons of specs, hoping to find the perfect spec, but I haven't found it quite yet.

I also made some keymaps to round robin things like fear, zombie wall, and the AOE slows. That worked out great, and was very simple to do in ISBoxer.

So right now, I'm at the point where I can clear some elite packs in inferno act 3/4, I can farm some bosses in Act 3/4 (e.g. Siegebreaker, and the first boss in Act 4 very easily). The elite packs are hit and miss, some are just too hard and out of control, some are easy.

I've also picked up some really nice items as well on the alts that would sell for millions if I didn't want to use them.

It's been a lot of fun so far, I've been spending way too much time searching the AH and trying to find that perfect spec for doing elite packs.

D3 multiboxes surprisingly well. It's no WOW, but considering the farm runs are pretty specific paths, it's actually works out really well at end game level.

Just thought I'd share my experience, it's been a blast, I'm surprised more people aren't doing it - and it's great since it's a one time investment at $60 a pop - no monthly fee.

<<

Ellay

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:44 am

Re: Quad boxing Inferno Act 3 and 4 with 4x Witchdoctors

Awesome to hear :) Do you think any other classes would be as effective in Inferno besides WD?
I kind of have the same line of thinking when it comes to effectiveness, surprised this game isn't boxed more.
<<

Kicksome

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:51 am

This may be in poor taste but I cross posted this to dual-boxing.com once the D3 section opened. I made a few edits to the post though.
Located here: http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4734 ... ct-3-and-4

I picked WD because of the pets and CCs. I really didn't want to do 4x of the same class in case it didn't work out, but I've ALWAYS had luck in wow using the same classes.

I don't think Melee will work well right now without overgearing them, so it left demon hunter and mages. I didn't like demon hunters because I believed you had to kite most things - e.g. put a trap down and back up. And mages seemed sort of the same - slow things, AOE, run.

But Witchdoctors have so many crazy combos. And the pets are a great distraction for elites to beat on while you kill everything.
<<

Yelgis

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:10 am

I think cross-posting your own thread is okay heh. I have only multiboxed a team (Wizards) into the mid 40's so I haven't really gotten any high-end experience yet.

Good to hear people are doing it successfully though. I just recently got my first 60 (Monk... heh I have been very busy lately) so I will be focusing on seeing how far I can get into inferno with him before I turn my attention back to boxing.
<<

yeaimjason

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:16 pm

I can see the CC brought to the table making the difference in killing elite packs. The question is how effective is 4 vs 1 over geared toon. I stopped running 4 WD's in Inferno for the simple fact that pets die very quickly (Supposed to be patching that soon). Chill/fear/slow ect on darts mixed with snake to the face I can see working really well; I just don't see pets working in act 3/4. For shits and giggles I tried a pet spec on Diablo in Inferno, this is with one toon 83k dps and Gargantuan get's two shot, as well as dogs get one shot. I would like to know the specs of all of your WD's if you don't mind, as well as Damage/resistances ect. If that is too much to ask for I understand.

I rerolled Barbarians and found that Frezy/Stun rune, Ground stomp/Wrenching Smash round the robin, Ignore Pain/Entire group rune on Round the robin is the most over powered multiboxing setup I've done so far. I'll update when they are farming Inferno in the Inferno 4 box thread.
<<

Ellay

Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:44 am

Not to derail, how do you have your round robin set up? Are you able to mix all of your round robins into one key so you can ignore pain / ground stomp using one key or is it separate?

Up to lvl 53 on my monks in act 2 hell, hoping to give some feedback of how they do in inferno soon enough, my playtime isn't what it used to be in the WoW days though.
<<

yeaimjason

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:05 pm

Ellay wrote:Not to derail, how do you have your round robin set up? Are you able to mix all of your round robins into one key so you can ignore pain / ground stomp using one key or is it separate?

Up to lvl 53 on my monks in act 2 hell, hoping to give some feedback of how they do in inferno soon enough, my playtime isn't what it used to be in the WoW days though.

Ignore pain is on round the robin as well as ground stomp can be on any key you have it bound to.

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected