FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Second Char leaves and joins games really slowly

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Logray

Post Fri May 18, 2012 1:41 pm

Second Char leaves and joins games really slowly

First off this is working really well for me my only real issue and annoyance with it is that my main char leaves and joins games instantly. My second char however hangs after pressing leave game for like 40 seconds and hangs when joining a game for 40 seconds. It might not be quite this long or it might be longer haven't offically timed it but it is annoying to say the least. Is this how it is for everyone? Is there any way to fix this or make this not happen?
<<

Lantoka

Post Mon May 21, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: Second Char leaves and joins games really slowly

Hi guys
I am having the same issue. Anybody care to shed some light on this?
Thanks
<<

cookcpu

Post Mon May 21, 2012 8:11 pm

I don't have such problem. My graphic card is Nvidia GTX 680. I have 12 gb of ram and running window 7 64bits. Latency around 280 to 500 ms.

Maybe you should list out the computer spec and hopefully we can see where the problem lies.
<<

Mahther

Post Tue May 22, 2012 5:16 am

I made a couple of new characters with the wizard and both of them have this problem, but the character set that I created manually does not. Does this have anything to do with the ISBoxer created cache?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue May 22, 2012 5:51 am

Mahther wrote:I made a couple of new characters with the wizard and both of them have this problem, but the character set that I created manually does not. Does this have anything to do with the ISBoxer created cache?

No, ISBoxer generates cache folders for Slots rather than Characters. The cache folders will be reused by all of your teams and will work the same as when you made them manually. The only difference is that, now, they are copied for you the first time you load up. So the first time someone plays with ISBoxer, it is expected for all instances to launch slower because the cache is being copied from the original, but after that the cache is already copied. That all happens when the game instance is launched, when you're waiting to see the Diablo 3 login screen. (Screen may appear gray while the cache is opened/copied; prior to the automatic cache handling this is where people used to get stuck for 7-8 minutes and then it wouldn't work, if they did the cache wrong).

However, this thread sounds more like the game comes up, you log in and are at the character screen, and then when you enter the game it takes longer than usual to join the game. This should not be related to the cache.

Diablo 3 keeps some log files that may be useful in diagnosing what is happening. Most importantly, "D3Debug.txt" in your Diablo 3 folder. Note that your Battle.net account e-mail address is listed in this file, so be aware of that if you're going to show this file to someone. But, it details the cache files being opened, games being joined, etc and might help identify the problem you guys are having. If you would like me to look at your D3Debug.txt file and try to figure out what is going wrong:

1. Delete the D3Debug.txt file
2. Launch your team and make the problem happen (join the game, or whatever)
3. Send me the new D3Debug.txt file; email to lax@lavishsoft.com is fine
<<

Mahther

Post Tue May 22, 2012 6:39 am

Guess it was only temporary for me. After restarting the game it's back to normal speed.
<<

Dallaswolf21

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:38 pm

I am having this isssue..Its really Strange..And If I have my guy invite and leave the game the other guy comes in alot faster..

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected