FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Quad Boxing Inferno

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ellay

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:29 am

Re: Quad Boxing Inferno

That's amazing though even at 50%, just stack cc gear and you've mitigated so much damage a normal player would have otherwise taken..

A note on barbarians, I see they have a pull everyone around them to themselves.. do they have any good AoE's? Also the warcry's don't stack which is sad but! Ignore Pain round robin is the sweetness.
<<

poogle

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:59 am

I'm up to act 2 inferno now and the CC effects stay up pretty well all the time. I'm still in cruddy gear (spend under 1mil equipping all 4, 20-24k dps each not using sharpshooter) but it works fairly well. They get 1-shot by pretty much any ranged attacker, but the caltrops spam + cc effects turn aside virtually every melee attacker. Even those packs of invisible serpent-warriors rarely get a hit in. All in all very happy with how they have performed ... until I meet damage reflect groups, then I want to break something.
<<

Ellay

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:18 am

Made it to Inferno finally. Act 1 on 4 monks was a breeze, second part of act 2 though getting close to hitting a brick wall until I can get better gear.
I really enjoy the class but it is melee, wondering if ranged would have been a better choice for simplicity.
<<

venom1stas

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:26 am

I've progressed with my monks to Act 3 now, mainly because they nerfed inferno abit. Secondly because now there is craploads of good gear on AH thats dirt cheap. Best thing is that whole inferno should now be doable for quad boxers of any class, all in all this game turned out to be pretty multibox friendly. Just hit any well known farming spots with 4x characters and its that much more fun getting a fountain of rares after each kill.

Im glad i've gone with monks too, tanking is pretty easy and lazy and I've been having literally 0 issues with characters going out of sync. I wonder how 4xWD plays after the multiplayer damage nerf, the army you can summon must be like a brick wall for other mobs.
<<

Ellay

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:38 am

venom, do you have a link to your build / gear? Wondering how ours are compared. My characters completely unbuffed are running about 13-15k dps and 450-550 resist all. I swapped to 2 handers and the dps shot way up but my survivability was horrid.
Also is there any packs you seem to skip? I really dislike any combo of desecrater / frozen / arcane enchanted.
<<

venom1stas

Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:24 am

Ellay wrote:venom, do you have a link to your build / gear? Wondering how ours are compared. My characters completely unbuffed are running about 13-15k dps and 450-550 resist all. I swapped to 2 handers and the dps shot way up but my survivability was horrid.
Also is there any packs you seem to skip? I really dislike any combo of desecrater / frozen / arcane enchanted.

I've got 4 same skills on all 4 monks which are http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/m ... !XU!..ZaYZ
The rest is different auras for right mouse, and different spirit gens (cripling wave with different runes) for left mouse.
I've only got 10k dps on my monks, 1h+shield. But if you work with passives like guiding light on one monk, then cripling wave rune for dmg buff and aura of conviction spam overwave you will have constant 70% dmg buff.
My monks have around 700 res unbuffed, one monk somehow ended up with 1k res lols, 30k hp, 6k armor and about 700 life on hit.
My dps will be more as soon as I can get better life on hit 1h, but they are really expensive :(

In Act 3 I have trouble with arcane enchanted mostly, everything else is doable. Problem is unlike act2, in act3 there is very little space to run around and avoid arcane beams.
<<

Ellay

Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:21 am

Very nice, I mixed up my combo a little more last night and I am really happy now with monks. I'll probably make a movie too ! :)
Previous

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected