FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Quad Boxing Inferno

Moderator: MiRai

<<

yeaimjason

Post Wed May 16, 2012 7:09 pm

Re: Quad Boxing Inferno

Mahther wrote:Picking up the loot is the fun part, having to look at each screen to see if something dropped after every fight is annoying. I wish there were something that made a noise every time something magic or better dropped, but odds are it would be against the ToS.

I press Alt every time i kill a pile of mobs and eyeball real fast. All you can really do.
<<

Mahther

Post Wed May 16, 2012 8:14 pm

My tags are always on, it just sucks to have to turn my head every 10 seconds to look. Just when I got used to looking purely for colored drops, I realized that gems were white, so now I have to really study every single drop. I hope they change that.
<<

yeaimjason

Post Wed May 16, 2012 10:16 pm

Mahther wrote:My tags are always on, it just sucks to have to turn my head every 10 seconds to look. Just when I got used to looking purely for colored drops, I realized that gems were white, so now I have to really study every single drop. I hope they change that.

I wonder if there is a way to edit the text color?
<<

venom1stas

Post Tue May 29, 2012 2:01 pm

Im doing inferno atm with my 4 monks, act1 is on farm. Its challanging, hardest part is gearing all 4 characters, so progress is limited, act 2 is impossible for now.
As for benefit of boxing inferno - well it takes me 40 min to do a Butcher run with 5 stacks of Valor, whilst solo players (mainly Ranged classes) can do this in under 10 min. Butcher kill takes me like 8 min, well geared DH can kill butcher in 20 sec. Gearing one toon is very easy so they can go to act 2 and 3 no problem, just stacking insane DPS.
And quad boxing DH or Wiz is impossible in inferno I think, you will have to kite alot and move about which is really difficult when controlling 4 characters. One toon geats stuck and gets one hit, other toons have to deal with mobs with HP pools that are more than 4 times larger than what solo player has to do.

So solo 1 ranged char is king I think, farm wise anyway. You guys tell me how its going for you
<<

yeaimjason

Post Tue May 29, 2012 2:21 pm

Butcher on Inferno after a certain amount of time the entire room goes on fire, I'm pretty sure anything over 5 min is going to get you killed. I could be wrong but I've heard this from a number of people. Act 1 with 4 WD's is pretty easy as long as they all have 20K+ damage, 60%+ all resists, Bad Medicine and Jungle Fortitude. With that setup you can do act one as long as they are easier packs. Running monks was probably a bad idea considering all the Inferno Monks I know rerolled DH.
<<

venom1stas

Post Wed May 30, 2012 2:30 am

yeaimjason wrote:Butcher on Inferno after a certain amount of time the entire room goes on fire, I'm pretty sure anything over 5 min is going to get you killed. I could be wrong but I've heard this from a number of people. Act 1 with 4 WD's is pretty easy as long as they all have 20K+ damage, 60%+ all resists, Bad Medicine and Jungle Fortitude. With that setup you can do act one as long as they are easier packs. Running monks was probably a bad idea considering all the Inferno Monks I know rerolled DH.

Theres a spot at the bottom where the fire doesnt hit you at all, I just stand there with all 4 toons and tank him down. You must need a pretty good PC to run 4 summoning WDs
<<

Harrison

Post Wed May 30, 2012 2:32 pm

4 Wiz manages Act1 Inferno fine, although some elite combos are undoable, have to either skip or restart. Act2 is impossible unless insanely geared.

Then I started playing with one char - my God, Act1 is easy mode, and Act2 is no problem either. After I gather better gear I'll try boxing Inferno Act2.
<<

yeaimjason

Post Thu May 31, 2012 5:25 am

venom1stas wrote:
yeaimjason wrote:Butcher on Inferno after a certain amount of time the entire room goes on fire, I'm pretty sure anything over 5 min is going to get you killed. I could be wrong but I've heard this from a number of people. Act 1 with 4 WD's is pretty easy as long as they all have 20K+ damage, 60%+ all resists, Bad Medicine and Jungle Fortitude. With that setup you can do act one as long as they are easier packs. Running monks was probably a bad idea considering all the Inferno Monks I know rerolled DH.

Theres a spot at the bottom where the fire doesnt hit you at all, I just stand there with all 4 toons and tank him down. You must need a pretty good PC to run 4 summoning WDs

I decided to give it a try now that my characters are very well geared and was able to beat it in just over two min (didn't get the achievement for 2 min :().
<<

Ellay

Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:44 am

Really interested to hear if it is "fun", or enjoying it. I tried out 4 monks and got a bit frustrated with the sluggishness of keeping the characters together, made it to lvl 11~. I do like that idea of just tanking the damage and in the next big patch they are taking out increased damage of enemies when more players are present to encourage group play. So using the ability to suck all the enemies together sounds doable.
Along with Wizards and Witch Doctors , is there a fun factor still present playing 4.
<<

venom1stas

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:27 am

Ellay wrote:Really interested to hear if it is "fun", or enjoying it. I tried out 4 monks and got a bit frustrated with the sluggishness of keeping the characters together, made it to lvl 11~. I do like that idea of just tanking the damage and in the next big patch they are taking out increased damage of enemies when more players are present to encourage group play. So using the ability to suck all the enemies together sounds doable.
Along with Wizards and Witch Doctors , is there a fun factor still present playing 4.

To be honest multiboxing ruined D3 for me, quite a bit. I missed pretty much all the story (reading journal entries is pretty tedious when quadboxing) , havnt used a follower single time, havnt seen or played any other class, not ever played with another player. When it comes to gearing characters I totally dont care about looks and dyes, everything my characters get is determined by stats/gold cost, its alot of work gearing 4 characters. I see videos of single players geared out in legendaries/top items, looking very cool and progressing much further than me. I been stuck with same build for pretty much all game, theres almost no room for experimenting.

The only reason I still multibox is because I can spend 1 hour farming Act2 inferno and it will equal = 2 to 4 hours I would need to spend if I was only farming on 1 character. This means if I need gear for my main character or whatever I can just go and farm it quickly without having to resort to RMAH. But to be honest the extra $ I spent buying 3 more copies would probably go alot further in that respect.

The change you mentioned to multiplayer damage would benefit Witch Doctor multiboxers the most, without a doubt. I think this change will actually lead to pets being nerfed. Imagine this - in single player your pets can pretty much permament tank everything. Now imagine 4x of those pets. They will still tank just as well (no extra dmg done to them), there is 4 times more pets, all WDs have to do is stand back and nuke. Pretty OP.
PreviousNext

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected