FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Unable to launch with IS.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mahther

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:09 am

Unable to launch with IS.

Did Bliz patch the game and temporarily break IS or is it just me? Using build 5597 with 0.11.0.9359.BETA
<<

ever1ast

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:33 am

Re: Unable to launch with IS.

There was a hotpatch from blizz last night sometime that has broken the ability to launch the game with IS, yes
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:22 pm

?

I may need more information...
<<

ever1ast

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:31 pm

Just updated to the latest build of ISboxer too and re-checked. Still not launching with IS.

Initially launching the character set brings up the first instance correctly but it now lacks any innerpace functionality:
The window does not launch with (is1 -xxxx), IS console cannt be brought up, no IS overlay or anything

It's jsut launching the vanilla copy of the game. To double-check I tested some scripts I wrote specifically for DIII within IS -- not working -- but their counterparts for the vanilla versons function instead.
If you manually try to launch the rest of the characters after the first instance is launched you will ultimately get a crash error on the grey screen.

I tried re-copying the virtual files but the result was the same.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:42 pm

Okay, I see that using the launcher will currently do that. As a workaround while I fix that, you can switch to launching Diablo III.exe directly by providing it with the -launch parameter.

If you're feeling brave you can change your existing Game Profile. Right click IS and select Configuration, select Game Configuration tab, pick the Game in the first drop-down and Game Profile in the second one. In the Main executable box, put "Diablo III.exe", and in the Main executable parameters box put "-launch" with no quotes.

Alternatively, right click Inner Space, select Add Game, name it something different than you did the first time, point it at Diablo III.exe instead of the launcher, and in the Parameters box put "-launch" with no quotes. You can change your existing Characters to use the new Game and Game Profile -- in ISBoxer, in the top left pane under Characters, select each one and in the bottom right pane change the drop-down boxes for Game and Game Profile to match the new ones.
<<

ever1ast

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:51 pm

Can't believe I didn't think of that before ><

Thanks, works great again!

As a side note for others, if you don't want to mess around with the settings yourself, you could just change each of your "characters" to use the DiabloIII profile "DiabloIII Beta - Skip Launcher" Which already has these parameters assigned
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:55 pm

Inner Space build 5599 (development build) corrects the issue with the launcher. Thanks guys. :)
<<

Mahther

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:19 am

Thank you. =)

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected