FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Video's of me 4-boxing in open beta

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Yelgis

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:36 am

Video's of me 4-boxing in open beta

http://www.twitch.tv/yelgis/

Some of my streaming from the Open Beta weekend. The quality isn't stellar due to my lack of experience with streaming in general and probably a bit on the software I was using (Dynno Broadcaster with Justin.tv).

Still if you want to see what multi-boxing 4 accounts looks like in Diablo III using a 4-corners setup, they are a pretty good representation of it.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:19 pm

Re: Video's of me 4-boxing in open beta

I love it! :)

It's really cool watching Diablo III being multiboxed -- I like the way the team is able to move in unison. I've always felt that the traditional method of having your slaves follow your main looked, and felt, clunky overall, although, that's how multiboxing must be done in most games.
<<

Hunkahunka

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:40 am

Hi Yelgis,

really nice multiboxing videos :-)

How do you sync the positions of your characters? Only via going to corners? Or do you have some kind of macros?
Can you please post your hardware configuration? For me it seems 6 MB RAM isn't enough to multibox 4 characters...

Cheers,
Hunkahunka
<<

Yelgis

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:54 am

I synced mainly with corners, but occasionally would manually resync by manually controlling one character at a time if only one character was out of whack.

I only use keyboard and mouse repeating from one window... usually Slot 1 so all I have to do is click into one of the other 4 slots and I will only be controlling that slot. Then it is as simple as moving that character in that slot to where he needs to be then clicking back to slot 1 and I am controlling them all again.

If Slot 1 needs moved by itself I just toggle repeating. I have the bottom hidden thumb button on my Logitech Performance MX mouse bound to toggle both keyboard and mouse repeating. It is a simple click of that button, move the character in slot 1 where he needs to go, and then toggle it back on by hitting the thumb button again.

A macro would be nice, but I haven't taken the time to write one and frankly I am not sure how you would really go about making one that wouldn't break rules in the ToS such as not mining data from the game and automation. I wouldn't be opposed to using one if it could be made to function within the ToS.

For now playing ranged characters is much easier with keeping them in sync, so I will just stick to them. DH is by far my favorite class to box with so far. Wizard would probably be a close second as pets weren't as impressive with 4 WD's as I had hoped they would be. Ultimately, I will probably end up boxing 4 man teams of all the ranged characters eventually though. I will then just have a Barb and a Monk on my main account for when I want to play a single copy or with friends in parties.

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected