FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can't read small text.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mahther

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:47 pm

Can't read small text.

I'm not sure if this can be fixed but figured asking couldn't hurt. I've tried different in-game resolutions to no avail. I have every setting on low, including the settings in my video cards control center. I know I could change my window layout to fix it but this is the best setup I can think of to be able to see the loot that drops on all screens.

http://i.minus.com/ibxhkYNH3WoipE.jpg
<<

watershipper

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:58 am

Re: Can't read small text.

same problem, same setup

but i found that if i drop all the way to 800x600 the text becomes very clear

however, you lose the isometric topdown view and lose a little bit of field of vision....but at least you can read the text!
<<

Mahther

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:18 am

That's only a minor improvement for me. I still can't read anything in the chat window in that resolution. Also, the emulated cursor image is missing.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:36 am

It is like this precisely because you are scaling the rendered display down to the size of the window. The only fix is to adjust the rendered display resolution to match the size of the window; then the text will be exactly the size it should be. If you want to run 4, one in each quadrant of your monitor, that means you chop your monitor's resolution in half each way for the game resolution. 1600x1200 monitor becomes 800x600 games.

The only other option would be to increase the font size in the game. I don't think this option is available
<<

Yelgis

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:31 am

As Lax said, since you are running them in a a corners setup just like I am (one in each of the 4 corners of the screen and each being equal in size) then just set the resolution in game to the size you set your slots to in the window layout for your character set.

In my case my slot sizes are 1280x768 each on a 2560x1600 monitor (I don't do the full 800 vertical as to avoid the tastkbar and still be able to see it). Then just run each of the clients in fullscreen mode and set their resolution to the same as the slot size. Fullscreen has clearer text when setup like this than either windowed or windowed fullscreen.
<<

Mahther

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:46 am

Old post I know, but I figured out something useful. I was playing with Aero disabled for the longest time but enabled it today on a whim. Turns out that it sharpens the text quite a bit and is much, much easier to see now.
<<

Mahther

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:01 pm

Ah geeze, so I guess it depends on the configuration. Don't ask me why it works like this but the text is only sharp when I enable Aero, turn off crossfire, AND plug in my monitors to separate cards. This also seemed to help with performance. The only downside for me was that windows would tell me my memory was low when I was watching youtube and it would disable Aero. Unfortunately, the auto switch is something I can't disable in windows.

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected