FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

hold down a key?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Yelgis

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:26 am

Re: hold down a key?

I run my games in fullscreen mode at 1280x768 resolution (the same res as the size of the slots in the window layout).

Text is much more readable in fullscreen than in windowed or windowed fullscreen modes when setup like this. As a bonus, shift casting works.

The problem with windows keys and playing in windowed mode like that is that Windows considers holding down any key for a long period of times as a reason to enable Sticky Keys. Running the clients in fullscreen will bypass that behavior.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:24 am

It appears the answer is simpler than any of you expected.

I spent a while trying to get this to happen, and failed. No problem whatsoever with shift or tab, it worked perfectly, with or without the Sticky Keys feature enabled in Windows. (Which is operating exactly as it is designed to do, and exactly as is expected.)

Turns out, the reason it didn't happen to me is because I had previously enabled "Make game believe it is foreground window" in my Character Set.

To permanently solve this problem:
1. In the top left pane in ISBoxer, under Character Sets, select your Character Set
2. In the bottom right pane, check the box "Make game believe it is foreground window"
3. Export to Inner Space
4. If the game is already running when you made this change, switch to each window to lock this in (note that if you were DISABLING this option, you would need to actually re-launch the game instead)

I tested this several times just now to be sure. (And since the servers are apparently hammered or under maintenance at the moment, this took forever!)

This option will be default for Diablo 3, when Diablo 3 is added to the Quick Setup Wizard. (Near-future ISBoxer update)
<<

watershipper

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:49 am

works good, thanks lax
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:07 am

Thanks for confirming. :)

ISBoxer 40.2.422.1 is now available through Help->About. With 40.2.422.1 or later, when you configure Diablo 3 with the Quick Setup Wizard, make sure to select "Diablo 3" instead of "Other" in the first drop-down box to have this setting automatically configured for you.

I've also updated the HOWTO with this new information.
Previous

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected