FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

hold down a key?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

watershipper

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:48 am

hold down a key?

hi, im trying to clone the SHIFT or Space key across 4 windows
i cant seem to get it to work yet.....i need it in order to make the chars stand still while attacking (with mouse buttons)
thanks!
<<

Yelgis

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:22 pm

Re: hold down a key?

If you toggle keyboard repeating Shift will clone to all of your slots. I use the Keybind for toggling Mouse and Keyboard repeating in the Always On section of Keymaps. Mine is set to F11 which is then bound to a thumb button on my mouse (bottom hidden thumb button on the Logitech MX Performance).
<<

watershipper

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:25 pm

i toggle both keyboard + mouse with SHIFT+Z
everything is working fine except for this 1 thing

in my main window the char accepts shift or space and therefore will stop and stand still (thats what shift/space does), but in the rest of the windows they seemingly ignore the command

any ideas?
<<

watershipper

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:48 pm

does everyone else have their 'stand still' command working across all their windows?
if i could just get this to work....
<<

psyclone

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:34 pm

In the top left panel of isboxer under the tab "repeater profiles" click default. then while that is still highlighted click hotkeys in the bottom left panel. From there you can set a hotkey to toggle keyboard repeating on and off. When its turned on it will send the shift keys to all your clients.
<<

vadimdz

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:53 am

watershipper wrote:does everyone else have their 'stand still' command working across all their windows?
if i could just get this to work....

I was having the same issue as you, haven't really figured out whats causing it. But it will work fine if you drive from another window. Thats basically what i ended up doing. Try playing around with full screen/windowed options as well.
<<

watershipper

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:41 am

vadimdz wrote:I was having the same issue as you, haven't really figured out whats causing it. But it will work fine if you drive from another window. Thats basically what i ended up doing. Try playing around with full screen/windowed options as well.

making all the windows full screen instead of windowed or windowed fullscreen fixed it!!

however, the fps counters have taken a massive hit ie. down from 120 in each window to 40 in each window. also the text has become much more difficult to read....in windowed mode it was hard to read but still possible, now its impossible

1 step at at time :) thanks!!

psyclone wrote:In the top left panel of isboxer under the tab "repeater profiles" click default. then while that is still highlighted click hotkeys in the bottom left panel. From there you can set a hotkey to toggle keyboard repeating on and off. When its turned on it will send the shift keys to all your clients.

yes of course i have done this
<<

eon

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:04 am

I have the same problem with shift.

I think the cause is that when you hold down a key, Windows will after a short delay spam it for you. The active game window knows you are holding down shift. The other windows think you are spamming shift.

I saw this by holding tab. The map toggles once on the active window, and it flickers on the other windows. When I shift-click, the other characters randomly move or attack. There is no difference to the game between spamming or holding an attack, so we usually do not notice.

My workaround is to bind 'W' to move and not use the left click ability slot.

Would a Windows keyboard control panel setting or ISBoxer setting or keymap for shift fix it?
<<

watershipper

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:07 am

eon wrote:Would a Windows keyboard control panel setting or ISBoxer setting or keymap for shift fix it?

i think youre right that its trying to spam shift in windowed mode. it doesnt do it in fullscreen mode though (thus shift works for standing still and attacking).

i think this has something to do with microsoft window's built in shift key detection system....if you press shift a bunch of times after a fresh install of ms windows a msg will popup asking if you want to enable some sort of service (iirc it asks about autofocusing on the dialog buttons).
on the other hand, i tried rebinding shift to space....same problem with space. it doesnt share across all the windows if the windows are windowed mode.

therefore probably its some subtle imprecision in isboxer trying to deal with holding down keys in windowed mode?

problems with fullscreen: much lower fps vs windowed mode, tiny text is unreadable.
(therefore it would be best to fix holding down buttons for windowed mode...then we could have high fps and readable text)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:41 am

For your FPS, try disabling Vertical Sync. In order to read small text, you would need to drop the game resolution to the same resolution as the game window.

I will look into the issue with the shift key (and any other buttons), thank you for all of the details.
Next

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected