Round robin keybind

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mahther

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:55 am

Round robin keybind

http://privatepaste.com/713e2ad358

Keybind is named "Round One"

I made a simple 1 step round robin keybind. It works on the first keypress, but not the second, then the third, not the fourth, etcetera. The skill fires in the order intended, I just have an extra press between each successful activation that does nothing. Valerian took a look in IRC and says the macro checks out so I'm thinking this might be D3 specific.

Also, I often press shift to keep my characters from moving when attacking. When I'm holding it and attempt to use it the keybind is bypassed and all accounts use the skill at the same time. I assume it's because it's treating the shift as a modifier. I'd like to know if there is a way to include the modifier in the keybind without affecting the order of the round robin. If not, then consider this a feature request. =) I'm thinking that if I remap the force attack key in-game to something not typically used as a modifier that it may fix it, but shift feels natural.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:56 am

Re: Round robin keybind

It's most likely going somewhere, but not somewhere you expected. If you were to add a dxNothing window to your config, for example, (a blank window we usually put on extra monitors to place Video FX on) it would be included in the "all" windows and appear to do nothing when it got to that point in the rotation. Granted I don't know what the extra window would be, but you could find out via the main IS console -- right click IS and select Console, and in the Console box enter the command "sessions"... this will name each of them. If anything shows up besides is1, is2, is3, and is4, then that's probably where the extra keystroke is going.

Something you can do to enforce where it is going is to switch from "Window:All w/ Current" to an Action Target Group. ATG's are really simple, you just create it in the top left pane and drag your Characters down from the top left pane into the bottom left pane. Then it will be available in the Target box to set up your round robin key.
<<

Mahther

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:34 am

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. Thanks once again. =)

Inner Space sessions
------------------
is2
Diablo 34516
is1
Diablo 35424
is3
Diablo 3804
is4
Diablo 37640
8 sessions
<<

watershipper

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:34 pm

round robin works excellently with ATGs,
but holding down shift bypasses it and sends it to all the windows :cry:

did you find a workaround Mahther ?
<<

watershipper

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:40 pm

oh i rebound the stand still command from SHIFT to SPACE and now round robin works
have to see if i can get used to using spacebar
<<

Mahther

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:47 pm

I had a feeling rebinding it from shift would fix it. I'd rather not, but I don't think there is any other way currently.
<<

hitokirikenji

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:37 pm

Hi, I've been trying to make the round robin work where when I press Hotkey, My 1st character would stomp , 4 seconds later the 2nd will do the same, but unfortunately all characters use the same skill at the same time. I've read through the guides and I just ran through a wall. :( help, http://www.privatepaste.com/8f522272b7 , what am I doing wrong here?
<<

Mahther

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:31 pm

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you can do that with ISBoxer because it could be considered automating game play. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Action_Timer
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:09 pm

hitokirikenji wrote:Hi, I've been trying to make the round robin work where when I press Hotkey, My 1st character would stomp , 4 seconds later the 2nd will do the same, but unfortunately all characters use the same skill at the same time. I've read through the guides and I just ran through a wall. :( help, http://www.privatepaste.com/8f522272b7 , what am I doing wrong here?

ISBoxer does not provide any automation, autofire, botting, hacks or other cheating functionality.

The way round-robin works is you press the hotkey for the 1st character to stomp, and then 4 seconds later you press the key for the 2nd to do the same.

To get this, use the Mapped Key Wizard. If you don't have the Mapped Key Wizard, then go to Help->About ISBoxer, and there will be an update link.

If you do have the Mapped Key Wizard (you can find it in the Wizards menu), then use the Mapped Key Wizard and pick "Round-Robin Key Broadcast". On the next screen tell it the key you want sent to the game. If that's 1, then in the "press any key here" box, press 1. You can change the Hotkey you use to actually activate it after you click Finish and it makes the keys. So for example you tell it 1, it makes "Round-Robin 1" mapped key with Hotkey 1 and round-robin 1... if you select "Round-Robin 1" in the bottom left pane you can then change the Hotkey to Mouse3 in the bottom right pane.
<<

hitokirikenji

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:37 pm

Thank you both for the reply, I misunderstood how round robin works, thank you for clearing that up, :D
Next

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected