FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Boxing multiple chars

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Blazer

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:36 am

Boxing multiple chars

This is just a general question to the people who have been testing this already.
I am curious in to what efficient ways/tips on doing this effectively given the tools we have out our disposal.

The biggest problem, and what makes it challenging, is the fact that if you do not have your chars stacked then the mouse positioning can be in the wrong places on the map, and you end up with 1 char running in the other direction.

As an example, what I do is use the shift key a lot to prevent them from moving when attacking.
Having to stack your characters again, involves turning off broadcasting, stacking and then turning it back on. This could be a real pita with 4 chars.
Are there any better ways of achieving this?
<<

Yelgis

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:12 am

Re: Boxing multiple chars

Syncing issues are certainly something to be concerned about.

I haven't been able to test it myself yet, because I only have one beta account. It would be interesting to see what other people are doing to help keep their characters stacked.
<<

ever1ast

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:52 am

Try using VideoFX viewers with passthrough. Currently they have the same problem as other scaled down windows not broadcasting correctly someitmes, but once fixed they will allow you to restack your chars while keepinng your main window active.

Also, you don't need to turn off boradcasting while running a stacked configuration if you simply set up a hotkey to switch to the window you need to re-stack.
That's worked for me so far, just a simple key combo, click to reposition, and hotkey back to main. Until the other issues are all cleared up this is probably your best bet.

For really effiecient stacking you need a pretty elaborate autohotkey /autoit script running in conjunction. Took a long time to write but it's well worth it. cuts down restack time from a few seconds to less than one.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:29 pm

ever1ast wrote:Try using VideoFX viewers with passthrough. Currently they have the same problem as other scaled down windows not broadcasting correctly someitmes, but once fixed they will allow you to restack your chars while keepinng your main window active.

I believe that as of Inner Space build 5592 (dev), this is fixed!
<<

Yelgis

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:42 pm

Yea Ever1ast, but you aren't sharing yet. :)

I haven't attempted to write a syncing macro as I am working on some other scripts atm.

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected