FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Diablo 3 dual boxing issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Yelgis

Post Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:39 pm

Re: Diablo 3 dual boxing issues

That was me Vadimdz. I fixed it for a while, the problem is back right after this release. Once I figure it out again I will let you know.
<<

vadimdz

Post Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:52 pm

Oh ok, yea I will try messing with it tonight too
<<

Yelgis

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:01 am

Ok it seems it was a CPU issue.

I fixed my problems just by using the CPU utilization tool and changing it from Round Robin to having every slot select all CPUs (the last option in the list I haven't tried others).

Round robin was seeing my CPU's get pegged to the max with the latest dev build some reason (I watched the utilization in Resource Monitor from the task manager). Changing it to use all CPU's for all slots and letting windows decide how to load balance seems to solve my issue. I haven't tried the other options yet though because the first different CPU method I used seems to be working great by looking at Resource Monitor and actually being in the game.

Not sure what would have changed though. I was using Round Robin before just fine.

Note: Remaking the window layout/character set had no effect for me this time so meh. Try playing with the CPU tool and see if a different setting works for you. It fixed my issue.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:26 am

Thanks for all of the details, I will see what I can find out given this information. It does give me an idea and I may be able to fix it soon :) (Bearing in mind that I am still out of town and short on time at the moment.)

In fact... try manually changing the CPU Affinity for the Agent.exe processes (using the Windows Task Manager; use the "Show processes from all users" button to elevate it to Admin in order to do this) to include all CPUs, with your CPU Strategy configured for Round-robin (default), and see if that helps.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:14 am

Scratch that last idea, that's how it should already be without manually changing the CPU Affinity ;)
<<

Yelgis

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:33 pm

Let me clarify my statement Lax. When I was using round robin setup after loading all 4 copies they would all run fine at the login screen, but once I logged into any of them that client I had logged into started getting really laggy and having fps issues. This is when I checked my performance monitor. I was logged into Slot 1 at the time and my CPU 0 was maxxed at 100%.

I have an i7-950 so I have physical CPU's of 0, 2, 4, 6 and 1, 3, 5, and 7 are the hyper-threaded logical cores. I didn't look at CPU utilization when logging into the other slots, but they experienced the same slowdown so I figure the physical core associated with them was experiencing the same 100% utilization.

Once I swapped it to "Select all CPUs with every window (HyperThreading) (FPS 60/30)" and reloaded it is fine. Even logging in to the client still runs well and I tried it on all the slots. I am unable to test this mode with more then one slot logged in at once though as I only have one account that has beta access.

I hope the info above helps you with nailing the issue down.
<<

vadimdz

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:24 pm

Yelgis wrote:Let me clarify my statement Lax. When I was using round robin setup after loading all 4 copies they would all run fine at the login screen, but once I logged into any of them that client I had logged into started getting really laggy and having fps issues. This is when I checked my performance monitor. I was logged into Slot 1 at the time and my CPU 0 was maxxed at 100%.

I have an i7-950 so I have physical CPU's of 0, 2, 4, 6 and 1, 3, 5, and 7 are the hyper-threaded logical cores. I didn't look at CPU utilization when logging into the other slots, but they experienced the same slowdown so I figure the physical core associated with them was experiencing the same 100% utilization.

Once I swapped it to "Select all CPUs with every window (HyperThreading) (FPS 60/30)" and reloaded it is fine. Even logging in to the client still runs well and I tried it on all the slots. I am unable to test this mode with more then one slot logged in at once though as I only have one account that has beta access.

I hope the info above helps you with nailing the issue down.

I have tried changing the CPU strategy already, but I seems like when I go into It and change some setting like hyped threading to true and change to round robin I then hit finish. Nothing seems to change and the window just closes. When I go back to it all the setting are back to defaults. So is it actually accepting my changes or am I missing a step.
<<

Yelgis

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:32 pm

I am not sure what would be causing that for you Vad. Mine changes and I can verify this by left clicking on the character set in the top left pane and then in the lower left pane selecting each slot. After clicking a slot in the lower left pane, you just click the Performance Tab in the lower right pane and you should see what processor cores are being used by that slot.

All my slots are set to use all cores right now and it is working like a champ, but so was round robin last dev build and now its borked so I am crossing my fingers lol.
<<

Mahther

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:35 pm

That fixed it for me too. I guess I had that set before I reinstalled and didn't change it back. It seems something is going wonky when it's dedicating a core to the focused window.
<<

Yelgis

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:42 pm

I don't know. Round robin was working for me before just fine. Then it stopped working.

At least the settings I have now are working pretty well. I did notice an issue with the virtualization of the preference files after this latest dev build as well though. My slot one saves all its own stuff correctly but slots 2-4 seem to share a preference file even though it is pretty clear that they are virtualized to different files in ISboxer. I am working with it to pin down what is causing it.
PreviousNext

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected