FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Diablo 3 dual boxing issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

vadimdz

Post Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Diablo 3 dual boxing issues

I Have tried all the different settings. Man this is getting frustrating. I am still having issues with FPS drop and just general choppiness of the game, only happens on the screen im driving from, if i switch to my other character, i drop fps there and the other one picks back up. I got to a point with some settings where i was seeing like 20 FPS, however it was very choppy regardless. Not really sure what else to try, i have turned down pretty much every option in my Nvidia control panel, and tried setting the affinity in task manager. Am i the only one that is having this issue still?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:00 am

If you are launching Diablo III.exe or whatever it is directly instead of Diablo III Beta.exe, try switching [back] to Diablo III Beta.exe. It does make a difference and it is currently expected to work better.

I do not see an FPS issue like this personally. I have been testing on my laptop which is i7 + 8GB ram + nvidia 460M, though I "only" have 2 beta accounts between my wife and I....

Nothing else comes to mind other than what has been discussed already in this thread. I see no reason why the active window should drop FPS while the other remains high, particularly if no other software is involved... If there was other game overlay software involved and that software only affected the foreground window, I would totally expect it.

So for me to help you check this out, what I require is "Diagnostics for game crashes" from ISBoxer's Help menu. Follow the instructions (which do say to launch the game WITHOUT IS) and paste to privatepaste.com and I'll take a look.
<<

vadimdz

Post Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:30 pm

lax wrote:If you are launching Diablo III.exe or whatever it is directly instead of Diablo III Beta.exe, try switching [back] to Diablo III Beta.exe. It does make a difference and it is currently expected to work better.

I do not see an FPS issue like this personally. I have been testing on my laptop which is i7 + 8GB ram + nvidia 460M, though I "only" have 2 beta accounts between my wife and I....

Nothing else comes to mind other than what has been discussed already in this thread. I see no reason why the active window should drop FPS while the other remains high, particularly if no other software is involved... If there was other game overlay software involved and that software only affected the foreground window, I would totally expect it.

So for me to help you check this out, what I require is "Diagnostics for game crashes" from ISBoxer's Help menu. Follow the instructions (which do say to launch the game WITHOUT IS) and paste to privatepaste.com and I'll take a look.

Here is the diagnostic: http://privatepaste.com/cf8c188ea9

Thank you again for working with me on this.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:13 am

Okay. New guesses.

When you launch ISBoxer, does it complain that your CPU is throttled? If it does, then that'd likely be related.

What Power Profile do you have selected in Windows? If it's set to something other than High Performance it may just be your power settings... (also affects the above)

Lastly, your machine is equipped with NVIDIA CoProcManager ("Optimus") so I believe you not only have a 460M but also Intel graphics for power savings. Let's hope that's not doing something wrong ;)
<<

vadimdz

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:31 pm

Damn, that did it. I'm not sure how it got switched to a custom plan.

Thanks for the help.
<<

Saphron

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:43 am

Hi all,

Though I would give my solution to the CPU issue. All I did was change the CPU strategy while the game was open then just exported to inner space and just keep going over all the options till FPS went normal. The round robin CPU setup did not work for me.

Hope that helps.

Also had a bit of an idea how to sync all accounts after every character has moved now this could not be a good idea or way to hard to program. Is there any way you can scan pixels on the screen and still keep isboxer legal? If so could you scan the center of the screen where your party members heal should be (if you have activated in the options) look for a green bar of pixels then click lick 100 pixels down right onto other character?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:50 am

Is there any way you can scan pixels on the screen and still keep isboxer legal?

No. By reading and interpreting information about the game environment (e.g. pixels), that would be hacking, and if ISBoxer were to react to the game information for you, that would be botting. Neither are allowed. Sorry!
Previous

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected