FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

D2R Crashing on Waypoints etc

Moderator: MiRai

<<

BLiNk077

Post Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:50 pm

D2R Crashing on Waypoints etc

A few weeks ago I'd been running up to 7 instances of D2R with no issues on a 3080ti/i7. Now I've upgraded my situation to an Intel 9 Ultra (24-core)/4090, and D2R is crashing... running only 3-4 instances...

The crash will happen without fail when I take a waypoint. Everything seems to be running smooth as butter until I use the waypoint. Once i use it, I get to the destination, and the game freezes and ultimately crashes, usually all instances, though sometimes just the main window. I'm pretty sure it's crashed without using a waypoint too, but it's not as fast.

Windows is up-to-date, gpu driver is up to date... everything.

This is really making me sad, and I don't for the life of me know what to do, if anything. I'd really appreciate some support here. Multiboxing D2R is what wakes me up in the morning, and gets me through the workday!! HAAALP!
<<

BLiNk077

Post Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:37 am

Re: D2R Crashing on Waypoints etc

I would be happy to share these dump files. I found them and I'm just figuring out how I'm going to share them with you. Stay tuned.
<<

BLiNk077

Post Sun Aug 18, 2024 4:25 pm

Alright, I'm ready to take a dump on you!

This is the most recent one here where I attempted to run with less instances and it happened more frequently... and again I can't really imagine I'm "overloading" my system here. It doesn't seem to matter what the load is, light or heavy:

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0efl ... .exe.24228
<<

BLiNk077

Post Sun Aug 18, 2024 10:27 pm

This is a dump I took when tonight all my instances of D2R crashed but one, whereas before it was just my main that was crashing out when taking a portal / loading screen stuff. Hopefully someone can work with the dumps that I've taken so far because I'm getting pretty constipated here. Making no progress at all! :) :(

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0c36 ... R.exe.8856
<<

BLiNk077

Post Tue Aug 20, 2024 1:48 pm

I had to turn my graphics way down to balance only 4 instances of D2R, but I still would really appreciate some insight from someone that can decipher whats in those dumps. The graphics settings were never really a big issue with the 3080ti. I'm not sure why a 4090 should be sweating here. It's overall obvious that it's handling smoother and easier, but at the same time crashing these instances, you know?

Thank you again!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:42 am

I could only get one of the files as the other really wanted me to log in to Apple, and I was not about to create an account just for that.

The crash looks to be happening when D2R is loading something. But there is not a lot of hints about what.
There is a few NVidia items loaded into the process which might cause a problem. It looks like Ansel has been installed and that did cause some grief a while back.

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected