FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[D2R] Cannot launch D2R - Get innerspace error

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Razor

Post Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:02 am

[D2R] Cannot launch D2R - Get innerspace error

I get the following error when attempting to load a character set from ISBoxer on InnerSpace:

Inner Space has experienced an unrecoverable problem

C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II Resurrected\Diablo II Resurrected Launcher.exe unable to link imported WININET.dll(-16)

I have uninstalled/reinstalled both ISBoxer and Innerspace and cleared my character config.
Have updated to dev build on Innerspace.
Have uninstalled/reinstalled battle.net

I have run ISBoxer successfully in the past on a different computer, but cannot seem to get it off the ground on this new laptop. Any assistance or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:39 pm

Re: [D2R] Cannot launch D2R - Get innerspace error

Have updated to dev build on Innerspace.

Please give your current build number so we can be sure we're on the same page. Sometimes I do multiple dev builds in a day, and I have been working on compatibility issues -- so to me "I have updated to dev build" and "have done this and that", for all I know this was last week :)

As of a few minutes before this post, the development build is now on 7183. In addition to trying this build, I would also suggest trying the "Use New Virtual Input Beta" setting, found in the Inner Space Configuration window. Right click IS, select Configuration, tick the box (it's on the General tab in the bottom left, if you don't see it you're probably on the live build) and click Apply; then try launching.

There is probably some other program loading in to the process. The new input system does actually help resolve some issues that can show up like this, and there's also other recent fixes that are related.

So if being on 7183 with the new input does not resolve it, then let's do this. With that error window showing, open up Windows Task Manager, find the Details tab and find "Diablo II Resurrected Launcher.exe" in the process list. Right click it and select "Create memory dump file". It should pop up a box telling you where it saved the file as something that ends with ".DMP"; find that file where it says it can be found, and email it to me -- if it's too large, you can of course zip it before sending.

Alternatively, we also use ISBoxer's Compatibility Diagnostics tool from the Help menu in ISBoxer Toolkit. This will open up a text file for you with a list of programs running on your computer, and a list of modules loaded in the selected program (Diablo II Resurrected Launcher.exe), so that we can try to identify programs where there's some kind of compatibility issue between it and Inner Space.
<<

Razor

Post Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:37 pm

Re: [D2R] Cannot launch D2R - Get innerspace error

Wow. I just have to say I am impressed with the quick response and detailed directions. I have the dump file ready and have sent a link to download from Google Drive as it was too large to attach.

I'm sure I am being noobalicious. Thank you again for your assistance.

Edit to add: I did ensure I was on the latest dev build as referenced, and I did attempt the new feature. This still yielded the crash which I used to produce the dump file.

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected