FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

5-man dungeon setup near perfect / Need some advice

Moderator: MiRai

<<

chrisreaper

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:36 pm

5-man dungeon setup near perfect / Need some advice

First of all, I’m really happy with ISBOXER but to make my setup perfect I need some advice.

My current problems are ...

CC
Round robin cc (sheep, fear, hex) on keybind F is working but It just sucks that I first need to attack the target with the main before any action from the toons work. Why can’t I simply target a new unit with the main and press F for the random CC? Is there a Target Slot 1 or main keybind? Or alternatively, can I use mouseover somehow?

Toons should attack my selected target
If my main targets a new target I would like that my dot classes like priest, warlock, shaman immediately put a dot on the new target after I press my hotkey. It feels like the main needs to attack the target before my toons put the dots on it or it just doesn’t feel instant and a little bit clunky.

Simple Looting
Is it possible to command the slaves to loot with Strg+Rightclick? I’m asking because you can’t make a keybind like this in WoW. Maybe you can make a translator in ISBOXER which converts e.g. Strg+Rightclick to G or Alt+G which I then could put in keybinds in WoW?

Possible Bug
Sometimes if I switch to my third toon and manually command him it feels like Broadcasting on the main slot is on ... even if it’s not. But the first slot chat continues to mimick my movements from the third char in the typical weird way as if you have broadcasting on. I then need to make it on and off too purge the bug.

Addons
Are there any good addons for seeing all toon cast bars or procs? e.g. Fire mage procs or a fully loaded earthshock.

Convenience
It sometimes sucks that my casters face the wrong direction on mobs that charge or jump or bosses that move. Actually, I’m using interact with target to reface them. Which is 70% ok because they sometimes run in the direction which I stop with S which is my break button for everything. What is the best practice to let toons always face the right direction and keep attacking? Maybe I do a macro for my main attack spell or is there an attack my mains target thing macro which could help?

Thanks!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:20 pm

Re: 5-man dungeon setup near perfect / Need some advice

chrisreaper wrote:CC
Round robin cc (sheep, fear, hex) on keybind F is working but It just sucks that I first need to attack the target with the main before any action from the toons work. Why can’t I simply target a new unit with the main and press F for the random CC? Is there a Target Slot 1 or main keybind? Or alternatively, can I use mouseover somehow?

Assuming auto-assist isn't built into this Mapped Key, you should be able to just target something, press your assist Hotkey, have your characters pick up that target, and then press your CC Hotkey. If, during any of this process, your characters begin to interact with the hostile target, then you likely have auto-interact enabled for that key, when you probably want it disabled. Also, there's no way to forward a mouseover target.

chrisreaper wrote:Toons should attack my selected target
If my main targets a new target I would like that my dot classes like priest, warlock, shaman immediately put a dot on the new target after I press my hotkey. It feels like the main needs to attack the target before my toons put the dots on it or it just doesn’t feel instant and a little bit clunky.

There is an inherent assist delay, if that's what you're referring to. The server needs to properly update its data before it can send out the correct target data to any other characters who request it (e.g. for assist).

chrisreaper wrote:Simple Looting
Is it possible to command the slaves to loot with Strg+Rightclick? I’m asking because you can’t make a keybind like this in WoW. Maybe you can make a translator in ISBOXER which converts e.g. Strg+Rightclick to G or Alt+G which I then could put in keybinds in WoW?

Yes, you can set, dare I say, any combination of input as a Hotkey for a Mapped Key.

Technically, you should also be able to make binds like this in WoW, but only through Lua, since, if it was available in the base interface, I'd imagine most people would simply set key binds to their mouse buttons, end up forgetting about them, and then Blizzard would have to deal with more tickets from people complaining about not being able to use their mouse buttons.

chrisreaper wrote:Possible Bug
Sometimes if I switch to my third toon and manually command him it feels like Broadcasting on the main slot is on ... even if it’s not. But the first slot chat continues to mimick my movements from the third char in the typical weird way as if you have broadcasting on. I then need to make it on and off too purge the bug.

Without seeing your profile and knowing how to replicate the issue, I couldn't say. However, I will say that the state of Repeater is, by default, per-window. So, if you've enabled it in a window and then swapped away from it, when you return it will still be enabled (unless you make changes to the default setup to alter this behavior).

chrisreaper wrote:Addons
Are there any good addons for seeing all toon cast bars or procs? e.g. Fire mage procs or a fully loaded earthshock.

Perhaps WeakAuras?

chrisreaper wrote:Convenience
It sometimes sucks that my casters face the wrong direction on mobs that charge or jump or bosses that move. Actually, I’m using interact with target to reface them. Which is 70% ok because they sometimes run in the direction which I stop with S which is my break button for everything. What is the best practice to let toons always face the right direction and keep attacking? Maybe I do a macro for my main attack spell or is there an attack my mains target thing macro which could help?

I'm going to say that the "best practice" for something like this is going to come down to how good a certain method feels to you. Personally, I use /follow to turn my ranged characters, unless I cannot, in which case I'll hope that I can use Interact with Target. Otherwise, it's time to broadcast the turn left/right keys and hope for the best.
<<

Wizeowel

Post Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:41 am

chrisreaper wrote:Are there any good addons for seeing all toon cast bars or procs? e.g. Fire mage procs or a fully loaded earthshock.

For auras that everyone can see, you can just take the predefined weakauras templates and in the triggers change the unit from "player" to "group". I think this should work for heating up.

For stuff that is personal to the player, e.g. combo points or maelstrom, you will need to make weakauras say something in chat. Make a channel with an obscure name which all your toons should be in, e.g. "/join ChrisReaperProcs98324". On the shaman, make a weakaura that says "Maelstrom over 60" in that channel when maelstrom is over 60. Then on your main character, make a weakaura that shows a texture whenever it sees the chat-event "Maelstrom over 60". Let it hide after 0.5 seconds or something.

I do this myself, so my warrior gets several of those procs textures on screen from party, e.g. clearcasting, demonic cores, 4 combo points on rogue, 5 combo points on feral. But also let the toons call out when long duration cooldowns are back up, like pain suppression and aura mastery, to flash up a large icon briefly.
<<

chrisreaper

Post Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:50 am

Thanks a lot MiRai!

Return to World of Warcraft