FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Total Beginner - Set Up Difficulties

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Buddha

Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:54 pm

Total Beginner - Set Up Difficulties

Deas ISBoxer Team,

I just started using ISBoxer two days ago and trying to get used to the software.
I play WoW on a 3.3.5a Client and making my first baby steps in the world of MultiBoxing. After following the Beginners Guide and watching a couple of Videos i still seem to have a problem with the basic set up of ISB.
I used the Quick Set Up Wizard and basically left everything by default. I just changed assist to Shift-R and IWT to Shift-S. After exporting the settings to Inner Space, I launch the game via right click on the Inner Space logo and choosing my saved character set. The game launches 2 times like intended (Only a characterset of 2) and everything works fine, but i can´t find the ISBoxer AddOn in the AddOn list, nor in my WoW interface files.
When i log in with my Chars i can toggle Broadcast Mode and Key Maps on and off with the predetermined key from the Quick Set Up. Broadcast Mode works, Key Maps seem not to work.
My minion char won´t react on anything unless i control him via broadcast.

I don´t expect much with my current knowledge. Simply a working key map so i can make my minion chars follow and autoassist my main and a simple way to interact with the target of my main (including looting).
But first getting the actual AddOn in my game files probabaly would be a good start.. :D

I hope i could somewhat understandable communicate where i am at. Any help would be much appreciated!

Best wishes
<<

Wizeowel

Post Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:54 am

Re: Total Beginner - Set Up Difficulties

I believe the isboxer addon is written for the current retail client and won't work for significantly older wow clients.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:49 am

There are specific requirements to the ISBoxer Addon being generated. These are detailed on the WIKI. It is generated regardless of the version of WoW, provided the requirements noted on the WIKI are met.
http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:ISBoxer_Addon

It should also work with various vintage WoW clients. You usually need to load out of date addons (even if it is newer). Some WoW client versions, like 1.12 do not support the way the Addon does some things. You should be find with 3.3.5a
<<

Buddha

Post Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:36 am

Thanks bob!

After hours and hours of troubleshooting all it took was to rename the .exe file. It wasn´t called wow.exe but was labeled with the name of the server i play on. Everything works perfectly fine now :)

Return to World of Warcraft