FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

having issue with keys not sending

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Evolve

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:28 am

having issue with keys not sending

I was trying to set up a macro on one of my characters that uses a modifier which works fine, but when I run ISBOXER I cant send the keys pressed to that window. I tried using ctrl which didnt not work. I also tried ALT.
It will only work if I am on that window, but if I send it from another window it does nothing.
Im sure this is something simple, but I have no idea where to look to get this working.
Any suggestions?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:47 am

Re: having issue with keys not sending

How are you sending it from another window? Where is the macro? What keybind does it have?

When sending keystrokes to the game, with modifiers, from another window, the behaviour is exactly the same as when ISBoxer is used to send keystrokes to any other game windows. You have a mapped key, with a hotkey, and that has a Keystroke Action which sends the Keybind combination to the Target windows, which then receive that Keybind Combination and process it as per normal.
If you don't have a mapped key which is collecting your hotkey you are pressing, then that just falls through to the current window. I.e. if you are pressing CTRL+T on your main, and just expecting that to go through to the slave windows, it will not, unless 1. you have a mapped key with CTRL+T as a hotkey, or 2. you have broadcasting enabled. Now there is also a difference here too. If you had a mapped key with a hotkey, you could press CTRL+T, and it could be sending CTRL+T to the game (a straight key broadcast), or it could be sending CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+P (a key remap - usually used to make complicated keybinds easier to press, and mostly as part of larger rotations). A straight key broadcast is just that, it is like having broadcasting enabled, but only for certain hotkeys/keybinds, because most of the time, you don't want broadcasting enabled on everything (like movement keys, because your toons will run away from each other).

So. If there is a problem, it is most likely in your isboxer config. Which you can share if you need help with it. http://www.isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing

If you do share, provide info like which character set, which character is the main, which hotkey you are pressing, and which toon should be receiving what keybind.
<<

Evolve

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:01 pm

bob wrote:How are you sending it from another window? Where is the macro? What keybind does it have?

I send it by pressing the keys on my key board and using the isboxer suite. I dont really understand how to answer that better. sorry.
I can tell you what I am doing is using a addon called Gnome Sequencer. I have my macro created and its on button number 1.

Now lets say Toon A and Toon B are different classes and using different attack routines of course set up in Gnome Sequencer. Both TOON A and B have the attacks set up and are on Button 1. Toon B has a Modifer for procs. This modifer can be altered, but alt or shift would make it easier.
So when I press shift and press button 1 at the same time then Toon B should use the modifier.

Now it does do this if I dont use isboxer or I am on Toon B window, but If I am controlling from Toon A window then when I try to send the Modifier key presses it will do nothing.

Let me know if that is the info you needed or need something additional.
<<

bob

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:09 pm

If you press SHIFT+1 on your main window, then ISBoxer is going to look for a Hotkey on a mapped key with SHIFT+1 as the hotkey. If there is no mapped key with SHIFT+1 as the hotkey, then ISBoxer will pass it through to the current active window, and not broadcast it to everyone, because it has no instruction to do so.

You either need to create a mapped key with SHIFT+1 as the hotkey (well, actually there is one already in ISB42 - Combat Broadcast Hotkeys key map, but you'll need to put a hotkey on it), or you could get more fancy and send different keystrokes to different windows using the same hotkey.

For starters though, I suggest you have a watch of this video, https://youtu.be/8lzHM_SmFvk
<<

Evolve

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:24 pm

bob wrote:If you press SHIFT+1 on your main window, then ISBoxer is going to look for a Hotkey on a mapped key with SHIFT+1 as the hotkey. If there is no mapped key with SHIFT+1 as the hotkey, then ISBoxer will pass it through to the current active window, and not broadcast it to everyone, because it has no instruction to do so.

You either need to create a mapped key with SHIFT+1 as the hotkey (well, actually there is one already in ISB42 - Combat Broadcast Hotkeys key map, but you'll need to put a hotkey on it), or you could get more fancy and send different keystrokes to different windows using the same hotkey.

For starters though, I suggest you have a watch of this video, https://youtu.be/8lzHM_SmFvk

I will take a look at the video. Can you tell me where I need to look to change the whatever is mapped at shit+1 or ALT+1
<<

bob

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:47 pm

bob wrote:ISB42 - Combat Broadcast Hotkeys
<<

Evolve

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:08 pm

thanks, I was a little nervous playing around there so I just used the mapped key wizzard and replaced what I wanted.
<<

Evolve

Post Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:52 am

its been a little while, but I just noticed something related to this with another set of toons I have.
With this one set of toons I created a modifier as well and its usually the first thing I hit when starting to attack a mob.
I have found that the other toons I am sending the key presses to will not target until I press a key without use of the modifier.

So basically the modifier key presses do send to the other windows, but they wont target untill a normal key presss is made.
any ideas on this?
<<

bob

Post Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:35 am

It sounds like your mapped key is not an "Assist plus Broadcast" type. I.e. it is only sending action type keystrokes to the game, rather than triggering an Assist Me first to pick up the mains current target, and then sending the keystrokes to trigger the game action.
<<

Evolve

Post Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:44 am

bob wrote:It sounds like your mapped key is not an "Assist plus Broadcast" type. I.e. it is only sending action type keystrokes to the game, rather than triggering an Assist Me first to pick up the mains current target, and then sending the keystrokes to trigger the game action.

thanks I will go over it again.

Return to World of Warcraft