FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Single quote key -----> '

Moderator: MiRai

<<

piegarden

Post Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:03 pm

Single quote key -----> '

The single quote key right next to the "S" key doesn't appear to be usable by ISBoxer. I tried to execute a mapped key with it and it appears unresponsive even when using debug mode. Is there something I'm missing? I would really like to use is key :D
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:17 pm

Re: Single quote key -----> '

Next to the S key is A to the left, and D to the right. Anything else, and you must be using a different Keyboard layout, which means that certain things may not function quite as expected.

That said, when you configure the hotkey, if you are pressing the ' key to set it as a hotkey, then it should work. If you are meaning to send ' as a keystroke, that should also work, however certain games may reserve it internally.

So what Keyboard Layout do you use ?
<<

piegarden

Post Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:26 pm

Whoops sorry about that. I am currently in the process of switching over to Dvorak; brain is scrambled. The single 'quote key' is just above the "a" key using the Dvorak layout. On the QWERTY keyboard layout it is just to the left of the enter key :D
<<

piegarden

Post Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:20 am

Is there any way for me to fix this? :(
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:03 am

Not sure at this stage. AFAIK, the vkeycodes should be the same regardless of location of the key on the keyboard. There might be some secret remapping going on somewhere. May require a bit more testing. I don't have a dvorak keyboard try at this stage, and I'm not really in a position to do that kind of testing currently. It's not forgotten, but until we can test it out, I don't have any specific answer for you at this stage.
<<

piegarden

Post Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:39 pm

I discovered that changing keyboard layouts also changes the macro shortcuts sent to the wow clients. Those shortcuts do not seem to trigger the macro in game if the key is a comma (e.g. alt + shift + , ). Not sure why this is?

Also discovered that it is definetly the layout causing the issue. If I start ISBoxer with the QWERTY layout and then export, the key works fine. Even if I switch to Dvorak while in game the key still works. Its only when I start up isboxer and export with Dvorak loaded does the key then become unresponsive.

Windows comes with Dvorak already on it: Go to Region & language settings, then select the language (English (United States) in my case), then click options, then add the Dvorak keyboard. The lower right toggle next to the clock lets you switch back and forth between keyboards.

Return to World of Warcraft