FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New User - Unable to Launch WoW

Moderator: MiRai

<<

metoonub

Post Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:44 pm

New User - Unable to Launch WoW

Hello!

I am a first time user of ISBoxer. I've tried to read as many guides as I can, as well as other posts regarding launch issues - but no luck!

InnerSpace appears to have located my WoW files NP. I performed the quick setup, and during the character/team section I used the info ISBoxer automatically found. When I right-click InnerSpace and select the ISBoxer character set nothing appears to happen.

Diagnostics located here: https://pastebin.com/BAPYjGEF

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:54 pm

Re: New User - Unable to Launch WoW

To start off, you can try shutting down the following processes, but I have no idea if Windows 8 is even supported since it would indicate that your operating system is not running the latest patches (8.1 would be the "updated" version).
<<

metoonub

Post Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:12 pm

Thank you for the speedy reply! Based on your reply, I updated the OS to 8.1 and terminated the listed processes. Unfortunately, my issue persists.

Updated Diagnostics: https://pastebin.com/0LAP9FWc

I'm continuing to search through old posts.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:25 pm

The only thing I see is that the Razer software is still running:

Code:
18. GameScannerService.exe - Process ID: 2492 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Razer Services\GSS\GameScannerService.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [1.0.6.2849] [GameScannerService]

Other than that, you're the second 8.1 user to report an issue today, so Lax may have to fire up an 8.1 environment and see if there are any issues.
<<

metoonub

Post Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:34 pm

Thank you again for the quick reply. I wasn't able to stop that process from running. HOWEVER! There were some additional Windows updates that were missed. Once I installed those, I was able to get the app to launch the WoW clients. I haven't tested much beyond that, but now we're up an running!

Thank you for the help!

Return to World of Warcraft