FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

IsBoxer Simultaneous Input and WoW EULA Question

Moderator: MiRai

<<

SeattleGamer

Post Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:07 am

IsBoxer Simultaneous Input and WoW EULA Question

I did a free trial with ISBoxer and love it, already bought a year sub. With all the people who use it and my research, I appears as long as I don't try and reproduce any obvious bannable macros inside of ISBoxer I should be fine. Even then, it doesn't appear (at first glance) that ISBoxer would even let me easily perform the same violations as most keyboards / mice allow.

However, while debugging and playing around with ISBoxer, especially the IWT and the combat hotkeys (with the auto-assist), its fairly obvious ISBoxer is sending multple events to each client for a single button press.

For example, the default setup has the IWT hotkey sends the CTM ON Macro(SHIFT+CTRL+N), the IWT bound key on a the hotkey down, and CTM OFF Macro (CTRL+ALT+N) on the up. I'm not sure how the press / released steps are handled via the EULA. Also this series of events appears impossible in a single keystroke (using in-game toos/macros) since IWT can't be macroed with CTM On/Off, although it the same as multiplexing the IWT key while leaving CTM on by default on the slaves.

Another example, the combat hotkeys sends backspace (bound assist macro key) and the key (1,2,3,...). Granted, this could be do via a in-game via a single key and macro, just far more laborious. However, as implement, each slave client receives multiple input (i.e backspace & 1) from a single push (opposed to a simple 1:1 multiplex)

I'm curious where this simultaneous actions fall into play. If it was an actual issue, I'd assume people would be screaming left and right. Even so, one key sending multiple keys (albeit at the same time) to each client seems a bit murky.

I also ask because I setup my combat hotkeys to have two setups for my melee group: Step 1 - IWT and STEP 2: Perform Combat Broadcast. This works fine just requires two quick taps. But I'm curious if I could/should trim it down to one step. If that would be a problem? If so, how is it different than the auto-assist already built into the default combat broadcast?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:11 am

Re: IsBoxer Simultaneous Input and WoW EULA Question

However, while debugging and playing around with ISBoxer, especially the IWT and the combat hotkeys (with the auto-assist), its fairly obvious ISBoxer is sending multple events to each client for a single button press.

It should be noted that sending multiple keystrokes to a client, for one button press, is not against any rules.

This comes up because of a common misunderstanding regarding a GM's post from 10 years ago, where he was trying to explain the difference between what a player should be doing, versus what a bot would be doing. They don't want auto-fire (not available in ISBoxer), and they dont want you to press a key, and then it takes its time going like 1, wait for that to complete, 2, wait for that to complete, 3, wait for that to complete, and so on. Or worse, 1, wait for that to complete, check if we need to heal, press the heal button, etc. Mashing a bunch of buttons immediately (which is what ISBoxer is doing) when you move an input control is completely different and not bot-like.

Just think, what if you had a key that presses both MOVE LEFT and MOVE FORWARD at the same time (like in Formations) while you hold one key, like ... a ... move diagonal key! Scandalous! :)

The game client itself has supported different actions on press and release for years as well.

Pressing another key at the same time, or as you are pressing/releasing buttons, does not make you any more of a bot than you would be without it. It doesn't make any difference if you trim it down to one step. If it makes you feel better, do it, but in terms of whether or not you would get banned for multiboxing, this is not even on the radar.
<<

SeattleGamer

Post Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:58 am

I agree.

I guess my 'understanding' was using the 1:1 more literally (1 press, 1 event per client). It make sense that I could press 1,`,N,backspace all at the same time and that doesn't make it a bot or automated.

Along those lines, especially since I don't know the full capabilities of ISBoxer yet, is there anything I would want to avoid doing in ISBoxer to avoid violating the EULA. Like I said the obvious stuff doesn't appear doable, I guess I'm slightly paranoid of making something outside the default setup that would.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:23 am

Generally speaking, if it's against the rules in WoW, ISBoxer is designed to not let you do it. So pretty much if you're doing the configuring within ISBoxer Toolkit, you are safe in WoW.
<<

SeattleGamer

Post Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:39 am

Thanks. And thanks for the fast input.

Return to World of Warcraft