FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problems with autorun

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mindfly

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:32 am

Problems with autorun

Im running a 5box setup and every now and then, while Im fighting, one or more character just starts autorunning, for no apparent reason.

I've tried using different keybindings for both autorun and my movement keys, but it still happens. My last attempt was to completley remove the keybinding for Autorun, but it still happens.

A couple days ago in Silithus it even happened that they started autowalking backwards (I could right click the mouse and steer, and they would still keep on moviing).

I've used keyclone before, and the autorun happened then too, now Im using ISBoxer, and still same problem. The only addon I have thats been the same while this problem happened is CTmod. (currently running Grid, Clique and Vuhdo aswell).

My wow install have been reloaded even recently when I moved from Windows vista to Windows 7.

My hardware is Nostromo n52, Logitech Mx518 mouse, and the Xkeys foot pedal and Xkeys 58-key pad.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:18 pm

Re: Problems with autorun

There's actually a known issue in WoW -- known at least in the multiboxing community, and I did mention this directly to someone at Blizzard so I know they're not completely oblivious.

So here's my analysis of the problem. The first time I saw this happen, I had just started my first all-melee team to see how different they were to play than 5 casters (shamans and druids). I think it was all rogues, not intending to level them all up. So anyway, in the first 10 minutes of playing that team, I noticed that if I ran up to a mob spamming both follow and attack, there was a relatively good chance that one of the rogues would run straight past the damn mob, and keep going! (this was repeatable) The problem appears to be what is known as a race condition, which is basically just a technical term that says there are conditions here that facilitate a race (i.e. multiple entities are trying to reach a goal, the order they will reach that goal is not known beforehand, and something different happens depending on which one does; when this poses a problem, it is typically solved by enforcing the order of events). Your movement is controlled by the WoW client internally toggling various flags -- there's one for forward, backward, strafe left, strafe right, turn left, turn right, autorun, autofollow, and so on. What seems like is happening is that the autofollow flag gets cancelled, but the forward flag does not. So you keep moving in the direction you were moving.

The backwards thing sounds like something that happened to me recently for no apparent reason. I'm not sure why that would have happened.
<<

mindfly

Post Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:10 am

Wow, as much time as I've spent trying to find the problem,, I should have just been involved in this long time ago. Hard to believe but I've actually been boxing since Pre TBC, back then using 3 computers,, each with a Nostromo and Mx 518, my hands were moving like crazy :P I had no idea until recently boxing was this big.

Anyway, thanks for the response :D , I've searched the net like crazy but couldnt find anything about this problem. I think Im just not all that good using the search engines to find what Im looking for, and alot of times I get linked to a forum page where I cant even find the text printed in google, with the keywords I typed in. Frustating :evil:
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:45 pm

Control F, should bring up the "Find" option.
Where you can search on your page, for the text in question.

Two pretty good boxing resources are:
http://www.dual-boxing.com
http://multiboxing.com/

Dual-Boxing has been around longer, with more knowledgeable people.
And supports almost all boxing software.

Multiboxing is a newer community, but has knowledgeable people too.
Just about everyone there uses Pwnboxer.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

mindfly

Post Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:13 pm

oooooh Ualaa,,, I've been reading ur posts on dualboxing about the IWT thingy,, and Im lmao at people who think keyrelease is botting,, but castsequence is not... I've never ever used castsequence, I like being able to always choose what and when I cast things, so I have tons of keys with modifiers, and pedals for modifiers. But I started today to do the keyrelease. Maybe not exactly like yours, but I IWT on keydown, and a quick backward on release. that way I can get my characters turned towards the mob if I do it quick,, and move them closer if I hold it down a bit. But the thing is,, I choose when I let go of the button,, not even close to automated. I feel castsequence is not automated either,, but definitly closer than keyrelease, but thats just my opinion.

Thanks for the Control F advice, I was wondering where the find function went since explorer 7, that will help me not having to waste time looking for something thats not there and is defenitly nice, but I think my biggest problems is that I dont use the right words in my searches most times. I dont know what words to google to find a solution to this problem. Another peoblem Im having now it with my lvl 62s, they mount up on birds fine, but they wont fly upwards when I hold down space. I've tried to search for it using different words, but all my attempts take me to other pages with the same words thats not about my problem.

Anyway, I've started reading on dualboxing, and Im very eager to try nissens addon when it gets released,, it looks like it will be perfect for me :D
<<

Sildenafil

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:31 pm

The random running thing happens to me occasionally. Usually when playing solo (just because I have more played time solo than boxing by a few logs or more).. I've found the easiest way to stop it is determine which direction i'm going (usually foward, sometimes stuck turning in a circle) and simultaneously hit the button for the affected direction + the button for the opposite direction. Seems to clear the slate.

Return to World of Warcraft