FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

First follow then interact with target?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Synnstar

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:51 am

First follow then interact with target?

I followed Tovya's youtube vid tutorial on how to set up an interact with target key but my characters don't seem to actually run to the target like his.
Was this changed?
How can I fix this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkYMxgKKFNI

Thanks for your time!
<<

mindfly

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:34 am

Re: First follow then interact with target?

In your interface setting, theres settings called "Mouse", in there theres a setting for "Click-to-Move", you need that one checked to get the character to run to your interact target.
<<

Tovya

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Yep! The two major conditions you need to meet, besides setting up the key map in ISBoxer is:

1. Esc > Interface > Mouse > Check "Click-to-Move"
and
2. Esc > Key Maps > Interact With Target > set a keybind for this. As mentioned in my video, I use "J" on all my toons' keymaps in WoW itself, so hence why I use J as the hotkey in Step 1 =)

Once you have those two conditions set and the key map made in ISBoxer, it is then simply a matter of pressing your ISBoxer hotkey to activate that key map (for me, I use G3) and you're golden! If you ever get the error message "I am too far away from that target to Interact" or something like that, it's because your Click-to-Move is not enabled in the WoW Interface options. If they just don't run at them at all and no message posted, it's because you have the wrong WoW hotkey set to Interact With Target in WoW's keymaps :D
<<

skwert

Post Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:46 am

I was just going through this tutorial and ran into something. I bound the keymap to the backslash key, and set the in-game Interact-with-Target key to Alt-\ on everyone. Whenever I tried it, they would not execute the Alt-\ to do the interact. With broadcast on, I could give an Alt-\ for everyone to loot.

After some experimenting, I got it to work only by assigning Interact to a plain key (no ctrl, alt), J just like the video. Is this an issue with keystroke actions?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:27 am

I know I have the following setup:
Code:
IWT Keymap Hotkey "\"
IWT Keymap Key Combination "\"
IWT In Game Binding "\"

All has been working well for me the last few months. Perhaps try dropping the ALT key from your IWT bindings.
<<

skwert

Post Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:53 am

But with that everyone (including current) will loot, right?. I like to have a different key for everybody else, so I can go do something else (pull next mob) while the rest of the gang loots up.
<<

Synnstar

Post Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:15 pm

Hey, erm my current set up is this:
When I hold mousebutton 4 and hit the 1 key (the ones you use for skills) my first slave will loot, mb4+2 for second slave and so on.
I made vidtuto on how to do this here:
http://vimeo.com/8281068

Hope it helps.
Happy multiboxing.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:26 pm

skwert wrote:But with that everyone (including current) will loot, right?. I like to have a different key for everybody else, so I can go do something else (pull next mob) while the rest of the gang loots up.

I have two IWT keys, one which applies to all members of the Action Target Group 'melee', and another which applies to all toons.

You can create multiple mapped keys, as in a different hotkey for each mapped key.
And then go with a different target as the recipient.

For example:

Hotkey Shift F1.
Sends keybind (WoW IWT Keybind) to Slot 1.

Hotkey Shift F2.
Sends keybind (WoW IWT Keybind) to Slot 2.

Etc.

You could get really creative if you want.
Create an action target group, call it IWT.

Have a mapped key (two steps) for each toon, give each mapped key its own keybind.
On step 1, use 'New Target Group Action' to add that toon to the IWT group.
Optionally include a pop up text, to give notification that the toon has been added.
On step 2, do the reverse of what you did in step 1.

Now have a different mapped key, for IWT.
This one sends the IWT keybind to all of the IWT (ATG), which can dynamically be any one toon, or any combination of toons.
As a benefit, you have only one IWT key to press/spam, it is the same key whenever you want IWT.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to World of Warcraft