FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Taking off Auto Assist for Healer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Goldie2000

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:05 pm

Taking off Auto Assist for Healer

So I've got a nice five man group going - standard, Tank, healer and 3 dps (all ranged).

They all auto assist very nicely. I lead with my tank, target (using tab) and then fling something at it (tank is paladin), everyone gets down to business on the correct target. if I change targets, they also change. It's great.

Except my healer. I don't want her to assist! I have a nice VFX viewer set up so I can target a given player and heal. But she keeps retargetting back to the Mob! Hard to get heals in.

I honestly don't know what is causing them to auto assist, as I'm not hitting any specific key combo. Is it IS Boxer? I assume so as Jamba doesn't make a note of it.

I was reading around and thought perhaps the following would work:

Remove Healer from Combat ATG.
Set up Assist to target Group (others) in Combat.

Nope, that didn't work. Ideas?

Edit: Okay, so I did more digging. I am using the number 3 for my DPS (and since I'm level 15, it's really the only key I hit). Found out that Combat Broadcast Hotkey for 3 calls Combat Broadcast mapped keys, which in turn calls Party key maps of 1) Auto-Assist Me - Active Method -> self and step 2) Auto-Interact with Target - Active Methodb->self, and step 3) 3 -> Combat . Pretty the same for all the combat hot keys (1 thru =). But there's nothing under the Party key maps that I can see. I mean, I click on the action they're doing, but nothing is there.

Edit2: Okay, so I keep working on this. I think I had this backwards. I want all my toons to request auto assist - basically the toon that is in the active window. What I DON'T want is for the healer to respond. I.e. don't send the auto assist request to the toon in slot2. I will continue plugging away, but if anyone has any ideas, feel free to let me know!

Edit 3: Welll....I'm closer now. I changed the WoW key map Assist Me to target Group (others in) DPS (where DPS is my action target group with my tank and 3 DPS in it). My Healer no longer receives an assist request. However, NOW, I can't switch targets! I'm smacking the target dummies, hitting tab to go to another and no one switches, in fact the original character returns to the original target! Even switching to a different character as the active window makes them stay on the original target. Very odd.... And the hunt continues.....
<<

Ridosaw

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:12 pm

Re: Taking off Auto Assist for Healer

Create a Virtual mapped key for your character in Isboxer that is your healer to direct auto assist me or assist me to do nothing. :)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:58 pm

With the changes you've made in an attempt to adjust this, it will likely be necessary to see your profile to give an accurate answer.
<<

Goldie2000

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:36 pm

My apologies, I forgot to include that I got the healer to not accept auto assist! But now Interact with Target (G) doesn't work *on my healer only* if I'm on another toon other than my healer. Obviously it has something to do with assist as G works just fine when I've got her as the active window.

Here's my profile:
https://pastebin.com/hDYeTdKm

I'm using the Character Set: 5ClassVel-GeneratedVFX

Let me know what I screwed up.

Thanks so much.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:32 am

Seeing as IWT is working when you are on the toon, that also tells me that the in game IWT bind is probably correct too, so when you are on another toon, then IWT probably isn't working because it uses the Assist Me, and you said you've stopped that working for your healer.

Now you said earlier that you changed the target of mapped key ISB42 - WoW -> Assist Me to be "other DPS". This is the wrong thing as it will affect every action which uses this mapped key, including Interact With Target.

If you need a specific version of the Assist Me mapped key, then the correct answer is to
  • revert the original back to Window: All w/o Current,
  • then right click it, select Make Copy. Rename it so you know what it is.
  • Edit the target on that one to be "(all&~self)&~Healer" (type it in, or copy/paste, excluding the quotes)
  • put your healer into an ATG named Healer
  • Edit the mapped keys in ISB42 - Combat Broadcast Hotkeys and remove the hotkeys from the keys you want to be using
  • use the Custom Hotkeys key map, or make your own new one, and add a new mapped key there.
  • put a hotkey on your new mapped key (presumably 3 from your OP)
  • expand out the steps and right click the Actions node. Into that you want
    • Key Map Actions -> Do Mapped Key Action, which in turn calls the new mapped key you made in ISB42 - WoW, with a target of Window:Current
    • Keystroke Action -> with a target of "Group all of Combat" (in the drop down) sending the keystroke you want to the game (presumably 3 based on your OP)
  • Export to Inner Space.

Why oh Why is this more complicated? Well, it's not really. Its more about separating your custom stuff from the standard implementations, so if you run the Quick Setup Wizard again, it doesn't clobber any of your special stuff (it shouldn't do that, but it happens to be setup so multiple games can use the same config, so if you had a team for a completely different game, then the same default config should work for that game too).
It also saves you from breaking the stuff that works, so if needs be you can always go back to it.
<<

Goldie2000

Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:29 am

Bob: You. Are. A. GOD. That worked perfectly!! Not only did it work, but I totally get it. So awesome. Thank you for your response!

Although I spent a lot of time yesterday trying to figure it out with minimal success, I also learned a ton and when I saw your explanation, things began to click. I shall conquer IS Boxer yet! :D

PS And I figured out how to toggle on and off my VFX screens all on my own! Oh yeah, I'm feeling mighty. :D
<<

FormulaElement

Post Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:47 am

Hello everyone,

I am trying to do this same thing.... But cannot get it to work for the life of me. Yes i did follow the above steps, and the three times i have tried it, it has broken all key repeating from what i want.

I want to use control + # (like 1-5) to target party members using my healer (Target another player using a macro for a pre-defined character setup), then use alt + (1-#) to cast a spell... I do not want these to only work when i am on my healers screen - I want them to work from any other screen...

I will post my setup if needed, but the guide above is sort of vague.... Sorry for the novice question, but i don't want to spend any more time on this...

I have seen other methods, but i find them not useful when i am a keyboard person (I never click anything if possible)...

Thanks everyone =)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:30 am

So you will want to be making some custom mapped keys.

You will need the FTL table. The default stuff from ISBoxer looks like this.

Then in the ISB42 - Custom Hotkeys, you want to create several mapped keys that use Named World of Warcraft Macro Actions.

Set the properties for the Target Exact Macro
1. Choose the Macro Set and Macro from the drop downs you get when clicking on this button
2. Choose the target to receive this keystroke (I've use an Action Target Group called Healer)
3. Set the modifers that apply to the Slot (this is where the table from up above comes into play)

Set your hotkey.

Create some more mapped keys for the heals, but this time choose the right actions to get your healer to cast their heals. Whether they be Keystroke Actions to trigger in game macros/action bar skills, or Named World of Warcraft Macro actions if you happen to have configured those for heal skills. Again, set Hotkeys, and Targets, and you should be good to go.

Return to World of Warcraft