FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

World of Warcraft 7.3.0 Compatibility - Update Sep 10 2017

Moderator: MiRai

<<

dswtor

Post Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:51 pm

Re: World of Warcraft 7.3.0 Compatibility

Hey Lax, sorry to see you up against it. The truly exceptional among us, those to whom the impossible inevitably falls to be solved, from time to time end up in the situation you are in atm.

Once everyone else has exhausted their ideas and *input*, leaving you alone with the challenge, eventually a quiet moment will lead you to the answer.

Many of us here know you to be the rare type that can and will succeed here, just have faith and do it on your terms.

Good luck!
<<

ru2

Post Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:02 pm

How about creating a new thread that is only used for status updates and nothing else?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:11 pm

StasisEA wrote:Appreciate your work Lax but I do not think it is rude asking for an update of a software service we pay for and is not working.

It's not that he asked for an update. Plenty of people are doing that just fine.

It's how he asked for an update. It is perfectly fine to ask without being rude about it. It is disingenuous to suggest that all he did was politely ask for an update.
<<

gni3w

Post Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:19 pm

To be honest guys, this is really rude, Been using ISBOXER for years, Sethlan here.... And I'm sure LAX is working around the clock to fix the issue. Give the guy some credit.
<<

MooBoxer

Post Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:29 pm

Hey There, at the end of the day we are all using an awesome piece of software that has been painstakingly put together for our benefit... ALL software has down time from time to time and Innerspace / Isboxer is no different :) i am sure we can all find some other things to do while Lax with all his might works his magic WITHOUT stressing himself out in the process.. I know personally i am quite enjoying my GOT marathon :P - MooBoxer
<<

Kimchee

Post Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:23 pm

Sorry LAX, your a victim of your own success. the app you created has been working so well for the most part for so long, people just assumed it would continue. :). as a person in IT support, i know shit happens some times, and 99% of your users do as well. Sometimes, taking a few days off to clear your head might help. Good luck what ever you decide to do.
<<

WMD

Post Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:41 pm

I've literally been sitting at my desk since 8/29 hitting the refresh button about every 5 seconds waiting for news on a fix. Unfortunately I have now exhausted my Adderall supply and the effects of the last tab are beginning to wear off. Since I likely have seconds before I pass out from saying awake for four days with the only food being potato chip crumbs I found laying around under my desk, I just wanted to say that I appreciate all your hard work and effort here. You could have come out and said there's a problem, it will be fixed when it gets fixed and then ignored any requests for an update. However, you have not done that, you've done a great job in keeping us up to speed and are taking this issue very seriously and I just wanted to say I appreciate that.

One last thing, I really...
<<

Barrik

Post Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:02 pm

LOL WMD. Lax sounds like you need to take tonight off and go out to enjoy yourself. Maybe after walking away for a bit you might get a new perspective and it will come to you. Thanks again for all the time you've spent on this so far.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:23 pm

So here's the latest. I hit a stage this afternoon where I have WoW and my loader playing basically nicely together, but currently only when I am debugging it.

I was hoping that I would be able to take care of that today, but unfortunately I've been at it all day and it's not quite there yet. I have to continue working through remaining issues. I don't foresee other major roadblocks to a release, so maybe after some sleep tonight I can just blow through it tomorrow in a matter of hours.

My apologies for the delay, it is as frustrating to me as it is to any of you. If I am not responding to you individually or it seems there is a lack of updates for some number of hours, it is usually because my head is all in on this as I am working through the issues. (Or sleeping, as I will be doing shortly.)

I do appreciate all of your feedback. Thanks :)
<<

Shnottz

Post Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:26 pm

By all means brother, take a break lol. Only got so much bandwidth (as it were) in any given day! Thanks for the update, very much looking forward to tearing Argus a new b-hole with the team.
PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft