FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

World of Warcraft 7.3.0 Compatibility - Update Sep 10 2017

Moderator: MiRai

<<

redomegared

Post Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:32 am

Re: World of Warcraft 7.3.0 Compatibility

lax wrote:As many of you are discovering today, launching WoW 7.3 with Inner Space/ISBoxer produces a "Failed to execute" error.
"just use wow.exe instead of wow-64.exe".

how do i do this?
<<

Tezza

Post Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:53 am

redomegared wrote:
lax wrote:As many of you are discovering today, launching WoW 7.3 with Inner Space/ISBoxer produces a "Failed to execute" error.
"just use wow.exe instead of wow-64.exe".

how do i do this?

You missed the start of that sentence: There is not a simple workaround to e.g. "just use wow.exe instead of wow-64.exe". But, the fix is coming!
<<

redomegared

Post Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:56 am

thanks for the reply...i didnt miss it, just thought i could set it up within the isboxer configuration :)
<<

Tezza

Post Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:00 am

I totally understand, I did exactly the same thing.. stuffed around for some time trying to work out how to do it then come back and read the OP again more carefully. Was easy to miss the not part :)... Join us in the candle light vigil waiting :D

In the meantime I'm joining in on the puzzle solving for the Lucid NightMare mount.

https://discord.gg/wowsecrets
<<

DaWandaBoi

Post Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:59 am

Hello there o mighty one is there any updates regarding the compatibility for 7.3?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:14 am

Well I just woke up, but I will share here what I said last night on the dual-boxing.com thread before I went to bed.

I am working basically around the clock on this, it is a complicated thing.

I feel like I am super close because I've completed the rewrite of my library, and am a ways into making the game properly load. I only slept 2.5 hours last night because I was aiming to have it out earlier today. At this point my main concern is to find a comfortable spot to lay down.

What they've done is "packed" the exe, which essentially means it has its own loader built into wow.exe (or wow-64.exe, etc) that runs before the actual game code. Well that's how Inner Space works in the first place, with a loader that runs in the process before the actual game runs (so the game links up with Inner Space). So I have to ensure that their loader is compatible with mine, and I kind of have to take it as it comes and cannot easily predict the next barrier.

My apologies on missing my ETAs thus far. I am pretty sure it's almost done at this point, and I feel like I can get it out after some sleep and another several hours of work on it. Once I've confirmed my loader is properly handling the game I will be able to provide a solid ETA on an update (at that point I believe it should be under 3 hours to get IS hooked up with the new version, and a development build available). Until that point though it's much harder to say.
<<

Barrik

Post Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:53 am

Thanks Lax for the update. Get some sleep and go back at it with a fresh brain. I'm sure it doesn't help being tired and doing this.
<<

ekar

Post Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:18 am

Get rest and know your efforts are much appreciated.
<<

mds0001

Post Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:34 am

I would like to echo the posts I seen today. For me the great work at ISBoxer has made such a difference playing WOW. It's now kind of hard to play single player. Best of luck on the 7.3 update.
<<

boostab

Post Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:17 pm

You are doing a Awesome Job Lax get some well deserved rest ,

I like other's do appreciate all of your hard work on getting this fixed done good luck sir and have a great day.
PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft