FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WoW Won't Launch Second Slot. (Nothing loads)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

coffeebreak

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:26 am

WoW Won't Launch Second Slot. (Nothing loads)

I just got my trial for Inner Space so I'm hoping to get this resolved ASAP.

This is the console log:
8:03:45 ISBoxer: Preparing to launch Character Set 'Name'
8:03:45 ISBoxer: Settings imported from ISBoxerToolkit.GeneralSettings.XML
8:03:45 ISBoxer: Making Sure Characters in Character Set 'Name' are valid...
8:03:45 ISBoxer: Good!
8:03:45 ISBoxer: Launching Character Set 'Name' all slots...
8:03:45 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 1 Character 'Name' successfully executed '"C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe" -d3d11'
8:06:45 ISBoxer: Launching from Set 'Name' not fully launched after 3 minutes. Select again to continue launching additional slots.
8:06:45 ISBoxer: Instructions Completed

So I went and checked the name on my second account and the name was WoW2 but the sub-account name in ISBoxer is "2261202#2"s. I changed that back to WoW2 and still no luck, I've put it back to the string of numbers. I've attempted to launch through ISBoxer, through InnerSpace system tray icon, and through a shortcut on the desktop and no luck.

I remade the group but I switched the 2nd character to the 1st and the 1st to 2nd and it is still doing the same thing so it has something to do with launching a second character. Nothing comes on my screen at all, the icon has a spinney for a few seconds and a version of wow shows up in my task bar with no activity.

I'm running Windows 10. I have no other software applications running. I can see that an instance of wow has been loaded every time I attempt to launch however its just sitting at 0. For some reason it can't contact. Originally I had WoW installed on my C:\ and IS on my D:\ but now they are both in my C:\Program Files (x86) folder.

Please help :( I can feel my trial dwindling.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:33 am

Re: WoW Won't Launch Second Slot. (Nothing loads)

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:52 am

So I went and checked the name on my second account and the name was WoW2 but the sub-account name in ISBoxer is "2261202#2"s. I changed that back to WoW2 and still no luck, I've put it back to the string of numbers.

The string of numbers is correct ;) It comes directly from your WoW\WTF\Account folders

I need more information from someone with what your issue appears to be (although we can't say what your issue is for sure yet, maybe a different issue). So, maybe you can help me.

First, as per the post Bob linked, try the development build of Inner Space. To do that, right click Inner Space and select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches", then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up. After doing so, try launching your team and see if the problem goes away. Reply here with whether or not that solved the problem.

If that does not work, THEN worry about the rest of the linked post. ;)
<<

coffeebreak

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:52 pm

I followed bob's link, and I did the dev patch part and I got a little further! now I get a crash report:

http://pastebin.com/8Uy2x8tX

Any ideas?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:20 pm

coffeebreak wrote:I followed bob's link, and I did the dev patch part and I got a little further! now I get a crash report:

http://pastebin.com/8Uy2x8tX

Any ideas?

There are more instructions below where it says to try the development build. Did you try those?
<<

coffeebreak

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:48 pm

Yes I followed lax's instructions for the development build, it crashes my InnerSpace every time still. After I get the report I hover over the crosshair icon in the system tray and it disappears.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:28 am

coffeebreak wrote:Yes I followed lax's instructions for the development build

bob provided a link in the first reply to a post which has detailed instructions for Windows 10 users to follow starting at the words "Playing World of Warcraft?" Match the bit-ness of each executable to see if that fixes your issue (e.g. 64-bit Inner Space launching 64-bit WoW).
<<

coffeebreak

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:41 am

Yes I followed bob's as well. both of my instances are set to run the 64 bit version of the game. This caused Innerspace to crash, using the developer patch did not fix the problem either. I have no anti-virus software installed, the only applications running that I can see are chrome and ISBoxer/InnerSpace.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:15 am

Both your game instances may be set to run the x64 version, but are you ALSO running the x64 version of InnerSpace as per the instructions on the post (well, I can see from your paste, that you are not).

i.e.
Right click the InnerSpace icon in your system tray, select Exit.
Find the desktop icon for Inner Space, right click this, select Properties
Set the Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\x64\InnerSpace.exe" (note: your file path may differ if you installed Inner Space and ISBoxer to a different path)
Set the Start in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\x64" (note: not strictly necessary)
Click OK
Double click (and run) the newly updated Inner Space icon.

If you can't get it working, provide a diagnostic, preferably with all the stuff attempting to run.
<<

coffeebreak

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:08 am

That worked! And now I feel silly about it.

Thank you all!

Now to learn how to multi-box...
Next

Return to World of Warcraft