FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WoW 3.3, day 1

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:39 am

WoW 3.3, day 1

So.. after getting ISBoxer updated for WoW 3.3 and Jamba 0.5, and servers finally coming up for good...

I spent a bunch of time just getting my Addons switched around. I used to use Brethren Raid Frames with OpenRDX for healing, on Zanthor's suggestion at the time, but that's been unsupported for a while and finally stopped working. So I switched over to Vuhdo. I didn't really look at any documentation or videos, but instead spent some time learning most of the options on my own. Seems pretty nice. Then Cartographer wasn't compatible with the new world map quest tracking stuff, so I disabled that altogether. I also disabled Quest Helper, so kind of checking out the new features in the default UI for that too.

Once I got my addon changes settled, I took my paladins out to do the first quest for Forge of Souls. I like to play with family (wife's whole family, basically) and friends, so I took the wife with me and dropped one of my ret pallies. We figured we'd run through it on normal to learn the instance. First 2 mobs, one dropped a tank belt that happened to be an upgrade for me. Yay. First boss is a pussy, my wife DPS'd the adds he spawned from channeling a spell while I kited the boss away from it and that's about it. Dropped leather for me to disenchant. Unfortunately, before we got to the second boss, the instance lagged out or something and we got booted. When we logged back in, we're hearthstoned with cooldown blown. Not a very fun way to end the night, but hopefully they fix these problems by the time I get to play tomorrow.

Anyone else want to share their day 1 horror or success stories? ;)
<<

Coltimar

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:48 am

Re: WoW 3.3, day 1

I was one of the first ones to log into Doomhammer! And one of the first ones to get hit in the face with the lag hammer. Some of my addons didn't work and something was causing lag. I wanted to try out FoS or something new but I decided to go back to boosting my 5 pallys and wait until the new wears off of the new content. Several dc's and weird instance locks, but all in an ok day.
<<

zanthor

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:34 am

I get logged in and find my UI's mostly functional, I throw a few updates on and it becomes fully functional with a few bugs... I form up a raid for the ICC10, and we get everyone there... my phone rings.

It's my wife, it's snowing like hell here in Iowa and she's stuck up the street from the house, not a direction she'd be coming from work from... so I have to bail on the raid I just formed... go outside and discover the wife got stuck in the driveway, backed out to the street to take another crack at it, slid backwords down the street... to the bottom of the damn hill.

So I get in the car and after a few attempts determine that going UP the hill isn't going to happen, we go around a few other blocks which are less of a grade, get back to the house... I stick the car in the driveway... backup to the street so I can take another run at it... and slide down the fucking hill.

Round 3: Car is now stuck in the driveway, completely in so it's safe from the non-existant snowplows, but stuck none-the-less.

Days like this I miss Wyoming... 12" of snow there isn't a big fucking deal.

<<

scartomyzon

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:23 am

I still use RDX because I have designed a simple (layout-wise) yet highly customized multi-boxing UI. Of course its all broken after 3.3....so I load up the svn copy....still broken and it seems that it will be for another 24 hours. I did get some of my unit frames to show and I made some new ones, but there were still many lua errors and RDX kept hanging causing me to reload the UI every time. Sometimes I think using RDX (or any other custom unit frame) is a crutch, but I can hardly imagine life without the mouse-over heals using IS Boxer repeater regions. I have used Vudhoo before, and I like it, but my RDX frames have much more info (custom casting bars!!) and I can use all kinds of custom sorts and inclusion/exclusion lists for my party/raid frames. So yeah....day 1 wasn't good for me either.

Scart
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:07 pm

I never got that in-depth on my RDX frames. I did have it showing buff/debuff icons next to the unit frames which was super useful, but I guess I can configure Vuhdo to get the same information a different way.

And ouch, Zanthor. I'm supposed to be getting 12" of snow dropped on me any time now, and even in Michigan I can't say that's not a big deal ;) National Weather Service has a Blizzard Warning for my county. I'm mostly just hoping I don't lose power

Return to World of Warcraft