FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Desperate help needed - multiboxing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

pwnstarz

Post Thu May 13, 2010 12:53 am

Desperate help needed - multiboxing

Hi there, I run 4 shamans with isboxer. Been running awesome.. levelled till 80, started going in arena and cleared instances.. thought i had isboxer figured out and becoming good with it..

Now the team just simply wont follow. This is driving me mental.. i have deleted my entire wow, reinstalled out of frustration to ensure it isnt that. It simply just wont switch to master and follow / assist. I totally deleted all my isboxer settings to standard and made another 4 toons to test further and they wont do it either.

I have setup over 5 teams in the past and re set them up many times and every time I used the wizard and they all worked fine.. I am using 100% standard settings and UI in wow and isboxer and only thing i configured were the hot keys to switch toons which works fine to bring their screen up. after re setting them up several times 2 toons seem to work sometimes but the other 2 no matter what i do just simply wont do anything.. I have the best computer money can buy and a business grade internet connection which is perfect..

Please help, any suggestions to totally re install isboxer / inner space or a master reset maybe? I will try anything..

Thanks in advance
<<

pwnstarz

Post Thu May 13, 2010 12:58 am

Re: Desperate help needed - multiboxing

Just to add to that which i find totally strange is when i switch a toon the F12 button gets pressed.. it has a bind to it but even after the full reset of isboxer and full UI it still presses f12 when i switch to any toon :S
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Thu May 13, 2010 1:08 am

IS Boxer has FTL Functions.
Basically it uses three mapped keys, to have the slaves perform actions based on who the leader is.

These are:
- FTL Follow Me (Slaves follow the active character).
- FTL Target Me (Other toons target the active character).
- FTL Assist Me (Slaves assist the active character).

These work by sending a keystroke for the desired action.
The keystroke adds modifiers for each toon, to determine which toon issued the command.
The key for FTL Follow Me is F12.
Basically if you get Alt (or whatever you assigned to Slot 1) + F12, that tells the others to follow the Slot 1 toon.

On a switch from one toon to another, you can have follow occur automatically.
You control this from Character Sets > Click on a Set > Click on 1 (or 2-5) under Slots (in the bottom Left pane).
When I switch to the this character, do this mapped key.
Also note the FTL modifiers for each slot in this section.

I would guess, F12 is bound to something in warcraft on one or more clients.
So when you switch from A to B, it tries to send F12 (with a modifier) to have the others follow the new leader, except it does something else instead.

If that is not your fix, check to ensure the IS Boxer addon (Character Screen - Addons button in the lower left) is enabled for all your toons.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

pwnstarz

Post Thu May 13, 2010 1:16 am

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.. The only thing i didnt do when reinstalling isboxer and inner space is remove the old folders under the program files menu.. I just did this then reinstalled and its all back to perfect again.. Not sure if i changed something without knowing what i did but it is now working..

Thanks again for such a detailed reply.. the info has helped me to understand it better to ty also :)

Return to World of Warcraft