FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

? about default action keys

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sildenafil

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:14 pm

? about default action keys

When I'm spamming my action keys (used the wizard to set up, haven't made any changes to the 1-= key profiles), there's a delay between my tank switching targets, and the dps switching targets.

- This results in a cast being placed on the tank's previous target prior to DPS switching to the new target. Not a huge deal, but it's created some issues with crowd control and such.

I see that my keymaps have "assist me" as the first step, followed by the action key, so can't figure it out in my head why they sometimes cast the corresponding spell w/o doing the "assist" function first. Any ideas?

This seems more problematic with the "1" key. In fact, with my tank (the toon I'm usually directly playing), hitting 1 will often change targets.

Kinda quirky, and I haven't been able to resolve it. Temporary work-around has been to avoid use of the 1 key, and careful planning if I intend to use polymorph.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:33 pm

Re: ? about default action keys

This has nothing to do with the way the keys are configured. I'll explain.

When you select a target, your client sends a message to the server, and then the server sends a message to your other clients with the new target. When you "assist" anyone -- via any method -- your client takes the currently known target for that person. So the "delay" is purely caused by the round trip time to the game server, and this is not an issue that can be resolved.

The best way to mitigate this issue is to manually assist when it is that important, to make sure you get the right target. Set a convenient Hotkey for FTL Assist Me, and use it when necessary
<<

Sildenafil

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:54 pm

Ah, I see what you mean. Thanks for the explanation. I'll do as you said.
<<

JackBurton

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:56 pm

pre assist before you start dpsing. attach assist to many other actions.
I bind assist to the following:
-my follow action
-my stop action
-most of my dps actions

Return to World of Warcraft