FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FPS Lag (!)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sephiroth

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:59 am

FPS Lag (!)

Hello all.

After recently purchasing ISBoxer, I configured the software using the Quick Setup wizard. This was very easy and smooth. I then continued to launch the game, and my 5 instances of WoW popped up. I logged into each individual character and was looking forward to PvP until I encountered terrible FPS lag. As soon as the 5 clients were launched, the lag caused unplayable conditions.

I haven't lowered ANY settings as I thought there would be an option to automatically to do this on ISBoxer. If you could tell me what settings/graphic settings to lower and generally anything I can do to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Sephiroth.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:42 am

Re: FPS Lag (!)

The big killer is Shadows.
I'd take this all the way down.

I personally don't like Weather Effects, and that's a bit of a strain on resources too.

I do like View Distance, but that is also a strain.
On my usual/initial leader, I have Distance/Spell Effects at half.
And on the slaves I have everything at minimal settings.

With IS Boxer, there is an option for Virtual Files.
By default Config.WTF is the only virtualized file, but you can add others.
You'll want to expand Virtual Files, and then click on Config.wtf.
Then in the top, expand characters, and drag each from the top frame down to the bottom left window.
If you click on any of their names, you can make the virtual file for each.
It will say something like, virtualizing as "config.wtf".
Change that to "ToonName-config.wtf" or "ToonName-Server-Config.wtf".
At one point the toolkit auto named the virtualized files and at one point I needed to name them manually.
In either case its really easy to do.

And with a virtual file, IS Boxer can remember the last toon you were on with that virtual file.
So when you go back to the same team in the future, each toon on the team will be on the correct character by default.

You could as easily create run the default game with every setting at maximum (or as high as you like to go).
And if you one-box raid, just log on with the default game.
But launch with IS Boxer for reduced settings when boxing.

Out of curiosity, what does your system look like, as far as specs?
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:38 am

It is recommended that you run with lowest video settings on your slaves if not also your main. If you're looking for performance (a must when multiboxing), there's no point in having any of the shinies, except perhaps a higher view distance on the character you'll be playing from the most. Just remember that whatever performance hits you're going to take for having video settings up, is going to be times 5. ISBoxer doesn't enforce these general video settings recommendations, but it will make sure the game is in windowed mode and that anti-aliasing is not applied, as long as Config.WTF is virtualized (it is by default if you use the Quick Setup Wizard)

To explain why it's "laggy", ISBoxer keeps the game running at the full resolution unless you disable Swap in your Window Layout. This is a tradeoff that allows the window swapping to occur instantly (whereas with other software, it can take a second or two because the game switches resolutions), and enables accurate and precise mouse broadcasting. If you don't want either of these two features, you can disable the Swap option and then each of the regions will put the game in that resolution instead of the main resolution, and it'll run faster.
<<

JackBurton

Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:33 am

Two things not mentioned. Addons and Programs running in the background.

Addons
One thing to consider shaving is addons. Pick up the addon,.. "Addon Control Panel". On each of your toons save the current addon set. then use ACP to disable all addons. Now! this is just to show you how smooth it can all be without addons. Now restore the addon sets that you had before you did the experiment. Now go back to your slaves and shave the addons that you truly don't really need on slaves.

Other Programs
Ok consider closing any programs that you don't really need. If you got the ISboxer toolkit running close that.

Return to World of Warcraft