FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

LAGG

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Forsakenone

Post Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:36 pm

LAGG

ive got a little bad computer for this but anyway. i have 5 shamans i wanna play on but when i have the layout its lagging like hell and ive reduced all WoW Settings to low still ive got lagg. Also i don't understand how they fallow me and attack same time as me. ive watched on youtube but its so freaking confusing. and it all gets wrong, so could anyone help me with my lagg or give me a good guide? couse i did't spend 10$ for nothing. and this seems so fuuun!
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: LAGG

I'll assume you have run the wizard.
That gets you a clean install of IS Boxer.

The default FTL modifiers will work.
If you only go with the default modifiers for warcraft, there will be no conflicts.

Drag a spell, onto the '1' key while in warcraft.
Do this for each member of your team.
There's no need for macros, straight Lightning Bolts, Fireballs, Frostbolts etc will work great.

IS Boxer has two broadcast modes.
You'll want Repeater Off.
And Keymaps On.

I'm not sure the default binds for these.
But if you open IS Boxer Toolkit, it's easy to figure out your binds.
In the top pane, expand Keymaps and then left click on control.
In the bottom left pane, click on Activate Maps and then Repeater.
Note the hotkey for each.

To get into the game, right click on IS in the taskbar (the crosshair icon).
Go to IS Boxer Character Sets, and choose the team you want.
Wait until each of the log in screens have loaded.
Press the Keymaps hotkey once, wait a moment and then press it again.
(It sometimes bugs, but if you enable and then disable it, it always works).
Press the Repeater hotkey once, to enable Repeater.
Enter your password, which will go to all windows, then press enter.
At character select, verify you're on the desired toons.
Press enter again.

Once you are in world, press your Repeater hotkey, to disable Repeater.
And press your Keymap hotkey, to enable Keymaps.

Now, when you press 1 on the active toon.
You are actually pressing the DPS 1 (mapped key) in the FTL DPS Key (keymap).
What is happening, is the active toon is running a mapped key.
FTL Assist Me, which determines based off of the modifiers you assigned in the wizard, who the initiating character is.
All of this is instant and behind the scenes.
The other toons know, based on the modifiers, which toon to auto assist.
And then IS Boxer sends the same "1" key to all other windows.
Who are now assisting the active toon.

This works for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, -, =.

You'll want Keymaps On and Repeater Off, to play.
You'll want both off, to chat.
You'll want Keymaps Off and Repeater On, to enter your password or have them all /dance.
You'll want both on, to click portals.. (only need Repeater, but don't need to disable Keymaps for that).

Drop by the IRC.
Linked from the IS Boxer main page.
If you have questions.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

Forsakenone

Post Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:56 am

Thanks, but ive added to keymaps lighting bolt so when i click 2 both chars will send a lighting boltto target but mine doesnt it takes about 6 sec till my other char does it -.- and i cant login on my own account several times, so i had to create 2 accounts. and i don't know how to turn of reapeter couse i just bought this yesterday, and i still got things to learn. but my major problem is the lagg, i lagg more in windowed mode than i do in full screen and thats without mutliboxing. :cry:
<<

Forsakenone

Post Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:53 am

The Major problem i have is the fps it keeps being under 5 fps -.- so can i fix this lagg? couse it nearly unplayable and i dunno what to do when i cant use this? i really want this!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:59 am

Based on your description here's my questions:

Are you using multiple video cards? With or without SLi/Crossfire? Multiple monitors? Windows XP?

On Windows XP if you use multiple monitors and have game windows across both of them, it's going to software render meaning that your CPU instead of GPU is doing most of the work. On Vista or Windows 7, that is only an issue if the monitors are controlled by different video cards. If you have SLi or Crossfire enabled (connects two video cards to make them run as 1), disable for an immediate performance boost -- these are made for 1 game instance not several, and MMOs do not typically take advantage of SLi or Crossfire anyway (including WoW).

As far as WoW video settings, your anti-aliasing should be disabled but this is automatically set by ISBoxer as long as config.wtf is virutalized (the Quick Setup Wizard sets this up unless you disabled it)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:18 am

Ok, here's the issue (from a PM):

well if i give you my spec so i don't got the worlds best computer either since my other one got broken, spec : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU : 2.40 GHz 2.39GHz, 1,00GB RAM, i got one core. And operativ system is: Windows XP , ive turned everything to low on world of warcraft settings everything is off even sound so, my graphic card is Nividia GeForce 5200, a very old card :(

I've given him a refund as of now.

The amount of RAM alone in that system will not be enough to run 5 WoWs, even ignoring the single core processor (the video card is the least of your troubles)

Return to World of Warcraft